Seen a name rolling across the names searched right now ...

And that name was… [name_f]Otylia[/name_f]…

Upon looking what this name was i found out it was the Polish variation of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]…

Now when i saw this at first i thought it was [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]…

I think it sounds pretty when said out loud and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is an unusual yet nice sounding name…

What do we all think about this name?

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is lovely, but I prefer [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f], for me, it’s much easier to pronounce as my tongue doesn’t twist! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], but I’m pronouncing it Oh-tilly (It’s wrong, but anyway…). [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] sounds nice. [name_f]Otylia[/name_f] is bit ugly - never liked Polish version of names.

Oh i didnt even know about [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f]!! ( doh) lol That also looks better. lol It was just that it went across the screen and i clicked it quick and was like ohhhhhhh…

[name_m]Otto[/name_m]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u] or Otta-lee… is how its said i believe !

[name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] is gorgeous. I think I even prefer her to [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], another beautiful name.
I pronounce them O-tee-lee-a/Ot-tee-lee-a and Ot-tilly/O-tilly in English and Oh-tee-lee-a and/Oht-tee-lee-a and Oh-teel-ye in [name_m]German[/name_m]!

I think [name_f]Otylia[/name_f] looks intriguing. I love that it’s Polish (and I’m a huge sucker for Polish names!), but [name_f]Otylia[/name_f] is one Polish name I’m not crazy for. Then again, I’m not a huge [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]/[name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] fan, either.

Before we settled on [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] for [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]'s middle name, we were considering some version of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]. I liked the look of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] best, but we only liked it with the [name_m]German[/name_m] pronunciation, which is Oh-tee-lee-ah. That got as looking at [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] or [name_f]Otylia[/name_f] to get the sound we wanted. [name_f]Otylia[/name_f] was a strong contender, since I have Polish heritage, but had we used it, we probably would have gone with the [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] spelling, which seemed like the best compromise between [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] and [name_f]Otylia[/name_f]: similar look to [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], but with a clearer pronunciation like [name_f]Otylia[/name_f].

All that to say I really like [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] (with the [name_m]German[/name_m] pronunciation), [name_f]Ottilia[/name_f], and [name_f]Otylia[/name_f]!