Selah vs Hazel

Which do you prefer? We love both names but [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] seems like it is getting popular. Selah is pronounced [name_m]Say[/name_m]-la.

I prefer [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].
I agree it is getting popular, which I don’t like so much… but [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is a good compromise.

I like [name_f]Selah[/name_f]. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] just seems like the trendy “different” name everybody is using to be different. Idk. Maybe it’s just me.

I do prefer [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], however if you are concerned with popularity, [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is a beautiful name to choose instead.

I like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. My son is 3 and in daycare, and there are no [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]'s there. I don’t know any children named [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] either.

I prefer [name_f]Selah[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Selah[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], though if you’re worried about popularity [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is the best choice.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is more easily pronounced and more pleasing to me :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] better…I would’ve pronounced [name_f]Selah[/name_f] as sell-uh.

I prefer [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

I would have thought [name_f]Selah[/name_f] was pronounced like see-lah (as in [name_f]Sela[/name_f] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]). I think say-lah would be a difficult pronunciation because it’s so uncommon and not intuitive.

I prefer [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and like the poster 2 before, I would’ve pronounced it Sell-uh. I feel like it would be a name to be constantly spelt and corrected in pronunciation. What about [name_f]Selma[/name_f]?

[name_f]Selah[/name_f]'s a pretty name. I’m worried about [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]; I think due to A Fault in Our Stars its popularity is going to skyrocket into at least the top 100, and probably into the top 50. So my vote goes for [name_f]Selah[/name_f].