Selah

What are your thoughts on [name]Selah[/name]? Pronounced say-luh. This name that has been on my mind a lot lately, and I especially love the meaning too! I know that she would probably have to tell most people how to say her name, but I just love it some much so I’m wondering if it’s worth it, thoughts? Thanks!

[name]Selah[/name] is one of my favorite Biblical names. I love the sound and the meaning.

I think the meaning is gorgeous and love the name - considered using it for both of my first two children but I had boys. It truly is a magnificent name!

I really like the pronunciation! Very pretty and feminine name, I haven’t ever seen it on a girl as far as I can recall. It’d be refreshing!

I love it. I’ve only heard it pronounced sell-uh, which I don’t know if that’s right or wrong, but say-lah is very pretty.

I love it.

I love [name]Selah[/name], but prn See la.

I’ve never heard it pronounced any way but [name]Say[/name]-luh. It’s hebrew right?

I know a sweet baby girl named [name]Selah[/name] and think it’s a gorgeous name! I think it’s worth having to pronounce it for people–they’ll catch on soon.

I rather like it. I guess it is a word name from the Bible (meaning to pause and reflect during p rayer? And also a place name… it’s distinctive.

Yep it’s Hebrew!

I’m glad it’s getting a good response here, I think it’s so beautiful!

I love it, but I think many people will pronounce it Sell-uh. If you love it enough it’s worth correcting people :slight_smile:

Everyone I know pronounces it [name]Say[/name]-luh, but I guess it depends on the area. Yeah, I was always told it means to stop and think, like when it says that after a verse

It’s one of my favorite Bible names. I can’t imagine anyone mispronouncing it but not everyone grew up with the Bible.

Normally I’d say to change the spelling so people say it right- [name]Saylah[/name]- but [name]Selah[/name] is too perfect change

I love it! I couldn’t use it though because I have a [name]Noah[/name] and I feel like in a lot of churches we would run into sibsets of [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Selah[/name].

I love this name! There is one at my daughter’s daycare. I thought it was See-lah (like the actress [name]Sela[/name] [name]Ward[/name]) but I love [name]Say[/name]-lah. I would not say Sell-lah.