Selah?

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Selah[/name_f]? I like it as a middle name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any other suggestions for unusual biblical names?

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love [name_f]Selah[/name_f]!! The only pronunciation I like though is say-la. It’s technically incorrectly, but it’s still widely used.

(I just realised you asked for other name suggestions, not middle name suggestions :woman_facepalming:t2: That’s what I get for skimming :sweat_smile:)

Salome (SAL-oh-may)
Keturah
Bilhah
Junia (it was technically Junias and he was male, but close enough - it is translated as Junia in the King James Version though)

1 Like

I like [name_f]Selah[/name_f], it’s very pretty. I like these Biblical names too:
[name_f]Adah[/name_f]
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Zillah[/name_f]

1 Like

Love it !

1 Like

Selah is beautiful! I know a little girl named [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and her story is quite sad, which makes me love her and her name even more. I like it so much more than [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] and find it unique and just beautiful! I think it’s perfect as it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t like it and 99% of the time people pronounce it incorrectly. ( it’s supposed to be seh-lah) It’s actually the name of a cafe near me.

Galilee or [name_u]Aviv[/name_u] are better semi-unusual biblical names IMO.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Selah[/name_f]! Interesting and sweet choice

Sarai, [name_f]Tamar[/name_f] and [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] would be my other suggestions

1 Like

wait, how else do people pronounce it? x I would automatically say Seh-lah :))

I hear most people say say-lah or see-lah :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

ohh okay, that makes sense. thanks xx

1 Like

i would have said [name_m]Say[/name_m]-lah, but the correct pronunciation is also very pretty :slightly_smiling_face:

I think [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is really pretty

On the topic of female biblical names, I also like [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f].