Self-Improvement Thread

After looking at @oceansea’s newest thread about [name_u]March[/name_u] goals, I’ve decided that it’s best if we stick together when creating and striving towards our goals.

This thread is for those needing encouragement, those wanting to report their progress, and those who have ponderings about their goals. It’s important that we uplift one another and not tear each other down.

Let’s reach for the stars.

2 Likes

hi everyone!!! this is such a great thread idea eric :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you for making it!!! solidarity and the buddy system is proven psychologically to be super motivating for building habits and staying on task! (especially for people with adhd like moi :rofl:)

i typically really struggle with organization (both with physical items and mentally) but last week my mother and i completely redid and cleaned my room and i got it set up exactly the way i wanted! now i feel so much more content with my space and like i really have the blank slate to start focusing on my productivity. anyway, all i really want to report is that i started putting a sticky note on my laptop keyboard with every single little thing i have to do each day and it’s worked great for me so far! since i spend so much time on my laptop i literally cannot avoid the tasks :rofl: i’ve gone almost a week of maintaining my hygiene every single day (which i know sounds bad, but adhd brain lol and this is a big step for me), of taking my meds every single day, and studying for the SAT! woohoo!

i hope to continue on this streak because i’m feeling a lot better about myself lately :cupid: love you all and can’t wait to go on this journey with you!

3 Likes

Eliza! I’m so glad to hear it! I hope things continue to go well for you! :grin:

Personally, nothing to report as of yet— just here to offer encouragement!

1 Like

AWWW thank you :pleading_face: please you are so sweet!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome! And thank you! :grin:

1 Like

@ladyforgetful Congratulations! It’s great that you’ve been more organised. I have to work on that myself, honestly.

(Warning for those with eating disorders)

I ate eight vegetable dumplings tonight along with eight tagalong Girl [name_u]Scout[/name_u] cookies, a giant plate of noodles with pork-fried rice, and four slices of pizza. Not only is this detrimental to my body goals, but I also should be eating less carbs if I want to rid myself of excessive stomach fat.

I am not overweight by any means. I am 178cm and weigh 64km, which puts me in the 33rd percentile for a guy my age and height. However, I do want to have a better body, and I feel like others are thwarting my attempts. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother constantly says things like “You need to fatten up”. Others shame me for not eating junk foods. I don’t know what to do.

I’ve been trying to eat more vegetables and yogurt lately, healthy and not too high in carbs (depending on the kind of yogurt). Icelandic yogurt is a great source of protein, sadly a bit expensive, so I just buy the store brand of plain yogurt in bulk. I also did an intense upper body workout the other day and although I only used 10-pound weights (I can normally lift up to 30 w/o issues), both my triceps and chest hurt.

Furthermore, I’m trying to get back on track with schooling. I completed my biology homework a few hours before it was due as opposed to the usual few minutes. I also started my Spanish essay a day early and turned it in with hours to spare.

How have you all been doing?

1 Like

wow !!! i know you were looking to work on your diet and productivity, so i hope this feels good for you!!! i’m doing pretty well — got a little off track today productivity wise but still feeling alright :sunglasses: and confident i can be resilient!

1 Like