Semi-Finalists - help me narrow it down

[name]Ceris[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Miren[/name] (mirr-en)
[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Silvie[/name]?)
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Perry[/name]
[name]Perrin[/name] (with nn [name]Peri[/name])
[name]Maeva[/name] (with nn [name]Mae[/name])
[name]Ophelia[/name] (with nn [name]Fee[/name])
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] (with nn [name]Ro[/name] or [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Ramona[/name]
Aven

FYI, I have one other girl named [name]Layla[/name]

I really like a lot of names on your list!

[name]Ceris[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name]: I prefer the original [name]Carys[/name]-- the spelling is more intuitive.

[name]Maren[/name]: I love [name]Maren[/name], but only pronounced ‘mahr-en’.

[name]Miren[/name]: I looked it up, and apparently it’s the Basque form of [name]Mary[/name]… interesting!

[name]Silvia[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Silvia[/name]! [name]Silvie[/name] isn’t a legit variation-- you’d have to spell it [name]Sylvie[/name], which is an actual French name. It would be a great nickname, though!

[name]Anna[/name]: Nice, simple and classic.

[name]Maris[/name]: I like [name]Maris[/name], but it’s not my favorite on your list.

[name]Perry[/name]: For a girl?! What about [name]Persephone[/name] or Perenel, nn [name]Perry[/name]?

[name]Perrin[/name]

[name]Maeva[/name]: I MUCH prefer [name]Maeve[/name], which is one of my favorites.

[name]Ophelia[/name]: I think [name]Ophelia[/name] is absolutely gorgeous, but not very usable… [name]Fee[/name] is an adorable nickname, though.

[name]Anouk[/name]: It sounds really harsh and masculine.

[name]Rosemary[/name]: I love [name]Rosemary[/name]!

[name]Ramona[/name]: I really like [name]Ramona[/name], too!

Aven: This is tryndee and made-up looking…

I think [name]Maren[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Maris[/name], and [name]Ramona[/name] work really well with [name]Layla[/name]!

My favorites are [name]Silvia[/name] (nn [name]Silvie[/name]”very cute), [name]Anna[/name], [name]Anouk[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name]). The only ones I don’t like are [name]Miren[/name], which reminds me of [name]Mirin[/name] (rice wine) and Aven. Withh [name]Layla[/name], I think I like [name]Anouk[/name] the best. They’re both sort of exotic sounding, but definitely have their own personalities.

Congrats on #2!

[name]Hi[/name]! Congrats on baby #2!

[name]Ceris[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name] - I think it’s a bit tricky to pronounce. People will get it wrong all of the time.
[name]Maren[/name] - Pretty, unusual, sort of like [name]Karen[/name] but not.
[name]Miren[/name] (mirr-en) - once again, people will get it wrong all of the time
[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Silvie[/name]?) - ok
[name]Anna[/name] - Pretty. I like [name]Annie[/name] as a nickname and really like [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Maris[/name] - not my favorite
[name]Perry[/name] - sounds boyish to me
[name]Perrin[/name] (with nn [name]Peri[/name]) - I prefer Pirrie, which is my friend’s name
[name]Maeva[/name] (with nn [name]Mae[/name]) - very pretty
[name]Ophelia[/name] (with nn [name]Fee[/name]) - very pretty
[name]Anouk[/name] - not fond of this one
[name]Rosemary[/name] (with nn [name]Ro[/name] or [name]Romy[/name]) - really like it and also love [name]Rosalie[/name], which was my great, great, grandmother
[name]Ramona[/name] - not too fond of this, but love [name]Paloma[/name]
Aven - I think a bit too close to [name]Ava[/name], which is [name]WAY[/name] overdone

Good luck!

[name]Ceris[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name]: I think it’s such a pretty name, but I’ve always loved the [name]Carys[/name] spelling.

[name]Maren[/name]: I think it’s a great name, and the Marens I’ve known have been sweet.

[name]Miren[/name] (mirr-en): I like [name]Maren[/name] more because [name]Mirin[/name] reminds me of the actress [name]Helen[/name] Mirrin. ([name]Do[/name] you like [name]Miranda[/name]? I can see [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Layla[/name] as sisters…)

[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Silvie[/name]?): I’m used to the [name]Sylvia[/name] spelling, but I think that [name]Silvia[/name] is really pretty.

[name]Anna[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, but it seems a lot less exotic to me than [name]Layla[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Annora[/name]?

[name]Maris[/name]: I really like [name]Maris[/name] a lot. [name]Marisol[/name], too.

[name]Perry[/name]: [name]Perry[/name] is a boys’ name to me, especially with this spelling.

[name]Perrin[/name] (with nn [name]Peri[/name]): [name]Perrin[/name] is a boys’ name to me, too, and even though [name]Peri[/name] looks more feminine to me, I can see some of the other names more with [name]Layla[/name].

[name]Maeva[/name] (with nn [name]Mae[/name]): I love [name]Maeve[/name] more…

[name]Ophelia[/name] (with nn [name]Fee[/name]): I think it’s beautiful, but because I have a habit of adding prefixes (specifically “ped” and “hem”) to [name]Ophelia[/name], I like some of your other names more.

[name]Anouk[/name]: I want to like this name so badly, but at the moment, [name]Anouk[/name] makes me think of “a nuke,” as in a nuclear weapon.

[name]Rosemary[/name] (with nn [name]Ro[/name] or [name]Romy[/name]): I love it!

[name]Ramona[/name]: I think it’s adorable and spunky…

Aven: Aven sounds and looks incomplete to me, like [name]Haven[/name] with the H chopped off.

With [name]Layla[/name], my favorites on your list are [name]Cerys[/name] ([name]Carys[/name]?), [name]Maren[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] ([name]Rosemary[/name] feels really different in style to me from [name]Layla[/name], but I love [name]Romy[/name] with [name]Layla[/name]), and [name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Will[/name] you call her [name]Romy[/name]?).

[name]Do[/name] some of the names sound better with your last names than others?

Great list!

Good luck!

[name]Ceris[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name] - I rather love it. (: I love both spellings, hm…
[name]Maren[/name] - I think [name]Maren[/name] is all right.
[name]Miren[/name] (mirr-en) - I like it more than [name]Maren[/name], actually.
[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Silvie[/name]?) - Very pretty.
[name]Anna[/name] - A classic; you can’t go wrong with beautiful [name]Anna[/name]! (:
[name]Maris[/name] - Okay. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Maris[/name].
[name]Perry[/name] - I, personally, don’t like [name]Perry[/name]. And it doesn’t seem feminine to me whatsoever.
[name]Perrin[/name] “[name]Peri[/name]” - Not sure I like it too much.
[name]Maeva[/name] “[name]Mae[/name]” - I like it. I like [name]Maeve[/name] a little more, but still. (:
[name]Ophelia[/name] “[name]Fee[/name]” - [name]Ophelia[/name] is gorgeous! And [name]Fee[/name] is darling.
[name]Anouk[/name] - Stunning. (: I think it is a unique beauty.
[name]Rosemary[/name] “[name]Ro[/name]” or “[name]Romy[/name]” - I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]! (: I like [name]Rosalba[/name] as well, which also reinds me of [name]Rosemary[/name]. Beautiful.
[name]Ramona[/name] - I love [name]Ramona[/name]. I like the nickname [name]Mona[/name] as well.
Aven - Okay.

My favorites are [name]Maren[/name] and Aven, good luck!

[name]Ceris[/name]/[name]Cerys[/name] - Might like if I knew how to pronounce it.
[name]Maren[/name] - Prefer to…
[name]Miren[/name] (mirr-en)
[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Silvie[/name]?) - Not my preferred spelling.
[name]Anna[/name] - Stands out as ordinary.
[name]Maris[/name] - Not as interesting as it should be.
[name]Perry[/name] - Boy.
[name]Perrin[/name] (with nn [name]Peri[/name])
[name]Maeva[/name] (with nn [name]Mae[/name]) - Like this, don’t like [name]Maeve[/name], don’t like it reduced to [name]Mae[/name].
[name]Ophelia[/name] (with nn [name]Fee[/name]) - Nice name, horrible nickname.
[name]Anouk[/name] - Never thought this one worked in English.
[name]Rosemary[/name] (with nn [name]Ro[/name] or [name]Romy[/name]) - Exactly my taste in cute and pretty, but again, the nicknames just deflate that.
[name]Ramona[/name] - Distinctly unattractive.
Aven - Charming. I’d say it feels truncated at the end, if anything.