Send me names to rate

Such a sweet thing to offer! Could you do these for me? (italics are honor names)

Varrick [name_u]November[/name_u] [name_u]Mars[/name_u] (b)
Rivera (no combo yet, just the single name for either gender)
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Midnight[/name_u] (g)
[name_f]Zatanna[/name_f] Ibelis [name_u]Rio[/name_u] (g)

Varrick [name_u]November[/name_u] [name_u]Mars[/name_u] is lovely. Not sure where you’re from, but Varrick sounds quite harsh in my accent, but [name_u]November[/name_u] and [name_u]Mars[/name_u] are softer and compliment it nicely, great flow - 7/10
Rivera - 8/10, I love this! Sounds gentle and lovely and creates dreamy imagery. I’d love it for a boy or a girl
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] Penegrine [name_u]Midnight[/name_u] - 7/10. [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] and Penegrine are lovely and have a great flow, I’m not too sure [name_u]Midnight[/name_u] fits here. It’s beautiful as a name, it just doesn’t gel right with the others
[name_f]Zatanna[/name_f] Ibelis [name_u]Rio[/name_u] - 8/10, I really like this one. Unusual where I’m from but sounds exotic and brave, reminds me of a heroine on an adventure

1 Like

Ophelia [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Harvest[/name_u]
[name_f]Enola[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (honor middle)
[name_f]Eileen[/name_f] [name_u]Fifer[/name_u]

Vance [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] Bullard (Bullard is an honor name)
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m] [name_m]Clyde[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Coppelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]

[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]

1 Like

Current favourites:
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

Douglas [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u]

1 Like

Loves:
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - perfect mix of traditional of modern, sounds light and reminds me of summer
[name_f]Enola[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - [name_f]Enola[/name_f] reminds me of [name_f]Enola[/name_f] [name_m]Holmes[/name_m], bright, beautiful and adventurous. [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is simple yet elegant
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] - Not usually the biggest fan of [name_m]Simon[/name_m], but this combo is lovely and [name_u]Finch[/name_u] is adorable

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] - Sounds lovely, longer middle name matches [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] well
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Harvest[/name_u] - Simple yet beautiful
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] - I like both of these and they pair well together
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] Bullard - I like this, Bullard is nice, and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is traditional, strong and brave

Not my style:
[name_f]Eileen[/name_f] [name_u]Fifer[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m] [name_m]Clyde[/name_m]

1 Like

Sylvie [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] - 9/10, my favourite of the girls. Traditional, yet modern, strong and beautiful. [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] compliments [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] so well!
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] - 7/10, Not usually a fan of [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] but it works well here, and I love [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]. Recent discovery but its growing on me so much, sounds so elegant and gentle.
[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Coppelia[/name_f] - 5/10, not my style at all, sorry! It sounds lovely, light and flowy though and I can see the appeal, reminds me of spring!

Edwin [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] - 8/10, love how [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] is so familiar yet not common. [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] is a great addition, sounds so strong and magical
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] - 8/10, like both of these and they work really well together
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] - 5/10, Not my style. I’d prefer [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], though [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is strong, traditional and handsome. I do like [name_u]Dove[/name_u] but I’d prefer it in a girls combo

1 Like

Blythe [name_f]Melody[/name_f] - 8/10. I like this combo, both uncommon names but not too out there. Very soft sounding and elegant
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] - 7.5/10, these are lovely. Personally I’d have [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] which is why I’ve put it slightly lower than the previous one. Nice combo, traditional names and good nickname potential
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 5/10, personally I find it too old sounding. Both names are lovely but I wouldn’t put them together

Edmond [name_u]Auden[/name_u] - [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite of the boys! So amazing and not too popular, 8/10
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] - 6/10, I like these and there’s a nice flow
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] - I’d prefer [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]. I adore [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] isn’t really my style though but they still sound lovely together, 6/10

1 Like

I’m trying out double middles! So how do you feel about…

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
or
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
and
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you so much for this tread! Here are my favorite combos:

Alice [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Bastien [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]! Nice to see [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] in the first spot, and it sounds cheerful, bright and bouncy.
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is so pretty too, but I just don’t feel it flows as well, maybe my personal taste.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is another amazing combo! Usually, I don’t like how popular [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is, but I like it with the less popular middles. [name_u]Percy[/name_u] and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] are both beautiful names and flow perfectly with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

1 Like

Could you rate [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] Song (as FN MN LN)?

1 Like

Alice [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - 7/10, not my favourite but sounds so gorgeous and classic
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] - 9/10, both strong names, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a classic that you can’t go wrong with. I’m so glad to see [name_f]Eva[/name_f] in the middle spot, I feel like it’s overused a first. But it’s still elegant and beautiful and the shorter name pairs well with the longer [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - So pretty! I love the meaning of [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and it sounds so dreamy paired with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], 9/10
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - This isn’t my style at all, sorry! Sounds pretty though. I feel like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is too often used as a filler middle (perfect for an honour name though), but maybe add another middle, or try another variant of a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name? I’d probably give a 5/10

Bastien [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] - I like this, manages to sound traditional yet has a large amount of punch, good flow, 8/10
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - 10/10, 2 of my favourite names and pair really well. [name_u]Love[/name_u] how [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] keeps it modern instead of sounding dated, and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is so strong
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] - 6/10, its OK, a bit old sounding to me, personally I wouldn’t pair them. I’d try [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] or [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], or pair [name_m]Edward[/name_m] with another middle. Nice, elegant and traditional though.
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] - I like this, both names are nice together, I find it soft sounding and gentle, 7/10

1 Like

I love Vivenne Song! That has a beautiful flow, and a soft, elegant sound, reminds me of summer and beauty. I’m not quite sure [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] fits though. I’m not sure if it’s the double N sound when paired with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], but it sounds quite harsh compared to the other 2 names. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe it’s the length, [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] or [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] flow better to my ear (I’d prefer [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], because [name_f]Nadine[/name_f] has the same ending as [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], but I’m trying not to stretch too far from [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]).
Overall though, very beautiful names!
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] Song - 7/10
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] Song - 9/10

1 Like

I don’t have any combos right now, but here are some names we like. Big sisters are [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f] and [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

Girls:
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
Azucena
[name_f]Josefina[/name_f]
[name_f]Belén[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Solana[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

Boys:
Zenón (husband’s grandfather’s name)
[name_m]Eliseo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_m]Javier[/name_m]
[name_m]Leandro[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezequiel[/name_m]

2 Likes

I adore most of these names!
Loves:
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Josefina[/name_f]
[name_f]Solana[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
Zenón
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_m]Eliseo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leandro[/name_m] (also on my list!)

Azucena
[name_f]Belén[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_m]Javier[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezequiel[/name_m]

Keeping with the 3 syllable first names, I’d say [name_f]Solana[/name_f], [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] (I love [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] as a middle name, to avoid repeating the ‘a’ endings) or [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]/Leandro

Combos I like:
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Josefina[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Solana[/name_f] [name_f]Belén[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Belén[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_m]Leandro[/name_m] Zenón
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]Eliseo[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Javier[/name_m]

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time and your detailed answers :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] with other MN too: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think one of these has a better flow then [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]?

For [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], I have a hard time finding a good MN. It does sound soft and gentle with [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] though :heart:

1 Like

I feel like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] could be too repetitive both with both the ‘al’ and ‘el’ sounds. [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] is a wonderful name though!
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] feels too short to be with [name_f]Alice[/name_f], I’d keep it with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], it flows better with a longer name.
I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]! It could just be name personal taste though because I prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] to [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], but either of those would work :blush:

I agree, [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] does sound adorable with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]!
I also like:
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

1 Like

I like your analysis of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]’s MN options. I’ll stick with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

I’ll put [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] on my list, lovely combo thanks!

1 Like

Reviving this because I’m super bored in lockdown, throw some more names at me :relaxed: