September, October, November, December?

Hello!

Looking at month names— [name_u]September[/name_u], [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_u]November[/name_u], and [name_u]December[/name_u]. While I normally would think these too wordy, after being on NB awhile I’m starting to come around to them. What are everyone’s opinions on [name_u]September[/name_u], [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_u]November[/name_u], and [name_u]December[/name_u]? Are they usable? Are they boy or girl names? What combos would you choose? Which is your favorite? I’m just looking for some thoughts— I’m undecided.

2 Likes

I think [name_u]November[/name_u] could work as a girl’s name; it sounds like a combo of [name_u]Nova[/name_u] + [name_u]Ember[/name_u]. [name_u]October[/name_u] and [name_u]December[/name_u] would be gorgeous middles! I’m not sure about [name_u]September[/name_u] though.

1 Like

I think [name_u]November[/name_u] nn [name_u]Nova[/name_u] or even [name_u]Ember[/name_u] would be super fun! [name_u]October[/name_u] nn [name_u]Toby[/name_u] could be cute. [name_u]December[/name_u] would be a cool middle name or it could even have nn [name_u]Ember[/name_u] or [name_f]Cece[/name_f]. [name_u]September[/name_u] is a little harder but still could be a cool middle.

1 Like

I think [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_u]November[/name_u] and [name_u]December[/name_u] are usable. I do prefer them as mns, but they could work as fns as well. All 3 also have some great nn options. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_u]November[/name_u] and [name_u]December[/name_u].

1 Like

I LOVE month names!! I have [name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] in my UC, but I like all of them for either gender. I think they’d be brave to use in real life but that’s not at all a bad thing to me, and the actor [name_u]Billy[/name_u] D [name_m]Williams[/name_m] full name is actually [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]December[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] (kinda funny though). They all have cute nicknames too,

[name_u]September[/name_u] can have [name_u]Ember[/name_u], Septa and [name_u]Timber[/name_u]
[name_u]October[/name_u] can have [name_u]Toby[/name_u], [name_u]Octa[/name_u] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] (I like both of these for a girl too)
[name_u]November[/name_u] can have [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_u]Ember[/name_u] and Vee
[name_u]December[/name_u] could have [name_f]Dede[/name_f], [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_f]Cece[/name_f], [name_f]Demi[/name_f] (like this for a boy too) and Deca (deh-suh)

1 Like

I like them! [name_u]December[/name_u] is probably my least favourite just based on the sound. [name_u]September[/name_u] is my favourite! I think they’re all useable, brave yes but useable, especially as day of the week names become more popular too. They all feel gender neutral to me.

As for middles, I think adding another word name has a potential to make the name sound more fantasy-like, which could be great for a book character but I think I’d avoid it for an actual human. Choosing a name-name for the middle spot I think helps it to sound more like a name if that makes sense?

E.g.
[name_u]September[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - gorgeous but very “storybook”
[name_u]September[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - sounds more grounded but is still pretty (imo!)

2 Likes

October [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is stunning!

1 Like

I like all four of those! They’re all pretty unisex, but all leaning on the masculine side to me. [name_u]November[/name_u] is probably my favourite! Love [name_u]November[/name_u] for a boy!

1 Like

The only one that’s usable as a first to me is [name_u]November[/name_u], sorry! Totally feminine to me because of nn [name_u]Nova[/name_u]. The other three may be more usable as mns, and of those [name_u]September[/name_u] and [name_u]December[/name_u] lean more feminine to me while [name_u]October[/name_u] leans more masculine.

1 Like

I had a student named [name_u]September[/name_u]. It was about six years ago and I thought it was weird, but now I think it’s kind of cool.

September- girl- call her Tem
[name_u]October[/name_u]- either- call them [name_u]Tobi[/name_u] or [name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_u]November[/name_u]- girl- call her [name_u]Nova[/name_u], Novie, Vem :blush:
[name_u]December[/name_u]- boy- [name_u]Cem[/name_u], [name_f]Dee[/name_f] (nicknames aren’t really boyish, though)

I think they all could work, as long as they have nicknames that work, haha.

1 Like

I really like them. I love that each comes with really cute, built in nickname options i.e. [name_u]Timber[/name_u], [name_m]Timmy[/name_m] for [name_u]September[/name_u], [name_u]Toby[/name_u] for [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_u]Nova[/name_u] for [name_u]November[/name_u], Deci for [name_u]December[/name_u], and [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], and [name_u]Ember[/name_u] for all four. I actually prefer them to other month names like [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], and [name_u]August[/name_u].

1 Like

September- prefer on a girl but sounds pretty with a girly name
[name_u]October[/name_u]- prefer on a boy because it reminds me of [name_m]Otto[/name_m]… kinda my least favourite for that reason
[name_u]November[/name_u]- kinda love this because of my birth month (yeah, I know, biased right) but also because of the nickname options
[name_u]December[/name_u]- totally unisex to me but the nickname options make it a bit more feminine but I prefer it on a boy for some reason

but long story short these are my favourite month names and they’re really good, with lots of nickname options

1 Like

October definitely is with the lovely nn [name_u]Toby[/name_u]

November nn. [name_u]Nova[/name_u] or [name_u]Ember[/name_u] or [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] again feels good to me

December and [name_u]September[/name_u] still feel wordy for me (even though these have ember too)

1 Like

I love them! I think they’re pretty much completely unisex, though I may prefer them slightly on girls. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is probably [name_u]October[/name_u], but I couldn’t tell you why.

I have [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]October[/name_u], which I adore.

1 Like

I think they all totally work! All completely unisex except [name_u]November[/name_u], which leans female for me due to personal associations. I have [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_u]October[/name_u] in my UC :blush:

1 Like

Artemisia [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]October[/name_u] is wonderful!

1 Like

Rhea [name_u]October[/name_u]! :smiley:

1 Like

I love month names. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is definitely [name_u]October[/name_u]. [name_u]October[/name_u] is my favorite girl name of all-time, and I intend to use it someday. Right now, my favorite combo is [name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f].

My least favorite is probably [name_u]November[/name_u], even though [name_u]December[/name_u] is probably more wordy. It’s beautiful as a name, it’s just not my favorite month.

September and [name_u]November[/name_u] feel completely feminine to me. [name_u]October[/name_u] feels feminine, but I could also see it on a boy. [name_u]December[/name_u] could go either way.

I’d love to see these names get more use.

1 Like

They are usable, but I prefer them as middles. [name_u]September[/name_u], [name_u]November[/name_u] and [name_u]December[/name_u] have [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] as nicknames which is cute. [name_u]October[/name_u] could have [name_u]Toby[/name_u]/Tobi, [name_f]Ora[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. [name_u]Nova[/name_u] for [name_u]November[/name_u] is really pretty, what about [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_u]Noa[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Ora[/name_f]. [name_u]December[/name_u] is my favorite and it could possibly have [name_f]Demi[/name_f], [name_f]Cierra[/name_f], [name_f]Debby[/name_f]/Debbie, [name_f]Essie[/name_f], [name_f]Cera[/name_f]/Sarah, [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_f]Dee[/name_f]-dee, Dess, Dec, [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] or [name_u]Snow[/name_u]. For combos what about:

September [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]September[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_u]September[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]October[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]November[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]November[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]November[/name_u] [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_u]December[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_u]December[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]December[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]