September or November?

Neither? Other month names? No month names? What do you guys think?

The only month names I would use are [name_f]May[/name_f] (but I would spell it [name_f]Mae[/name_f]) and [name_u]August[/name_u] (but only as a middle name, it honors).

[name_f]September[/name_f] - I would only want to call her [name_u]Ember[/name_u]. Therefore, would choose [name_u]Ember[/name_u] or Emberley.

[name_u]November[/name_u] would only remind me of how much I love [name_f]Nova[/name_f], so I could do it, but why [name_u]November[/name_u] at all if I only want to call her [name_f]Nova[/name_f]?

I like [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Avril[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], and [name_u]January[/name_u]. Those are my fave month names. [name_u]November[/name_u] could work though. It could grow on me.

I prefer [name_u]November[/name_u]. I hate the month of [name_f]September[/name_f].
Here is how I rank the months as names:

1. [name_f]May[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]January[/name_u]/[name_f]April[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]August[/name_u]
  4. [name_u]June[/name_u]
  5. [name_u]November[/name_u]/[name_u]December[/name_u]
  6. [name_f]July[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]September[/name_f]
  8. [name_u]March[/name_u]
  9. February/[name_f]October[/name_f]

If you like a certain month but don’t necessarily like the name, you could try birthstone ([name_f]October[/name_f] --> [name_f]Opal[/name_f] = :D)

“Wake me up when [name_f]September[/name_f] ends.”

[name_f]September[/name_f] is a weird month. Nothing ever happens in [name_f]September[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of [name_u]November[/name_u] as a name either. They both sound like manic pixie dream girls born to pseudo-hippie failed artists.

except [name_u]January[/name_u], February, and [name_f]April[/name_f].

[name_f]September[/name_f] is ok. I think [name_f]April[/name_f] works best as a name.

[name_f]September[/name_f] is not for me. Somehow I just see Sept & think septic.

[name_u]November[/name_u] works. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] is lovely and [name_u]Ember[/name_u] is not for me, but I see the appeal.

I think [name_f]October[/name_f] is pretty great and I love [name_u]Toby[/name_u] on a girl as a nickname.

I would consider Decca for a [name_u]December[/name_u] girl

[name_u]January[/name_u] is great. I considered it for my daughter, but my husband didn’t like any of the potential nicknames. Everything but [name_u]Jan[/name_u] felt forced.

[name_u]March[/name_u] would be a great middle. Marzio is nice for a boy.

[name_f]April[/name_f] isn’t for me, but is fine.

[name_f]May[/name_f] is pretty.

[name_u]June[/name_u] is a favorite of mine, I don’t feel like it needs to be for a [name_u]June[/name_u] baby.

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is another favorite. [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] is nice too.

I like [name_u]November[/name_u]. It’s a great month, and I like the nickname [name_f]Nova[/name_f].

I am not a month name fan. The only ones that I like are [name_f]April[/name_f],may, and [name_u]August[/name_u].

[name_u]November[/name_u] gives the nicknames [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_u]Ember[/name_u], so I think it’s the winner, of the two.

I think [name_f]April[/name_f] is a sweet name that ages well, so it’s my favorite month name, generally.

My personal favorite, though, is [name_f]July[/name_f]. I’m fighting hard to use it as a middle name for a girl some day, if the opportunity presents itself. It’s a significant month in my and my husband’s relationship so I’d like to honor that in a child’s name, especially if they happened to be born then, too.

Those aren’t names. They would sound silly on a child, in my opinion.

[name_u]January[/name_u] - saw a documentary about a schizophrenic child called [name_u]January[/name_u], so could never use it.
[name_f]April[/name_f]/[name_f]May[/name_f]/[name_u]June[/name_u] - [name_f]May[/name_f] is a family name, so would use it for middle; [name_f]April[/name_f] feels dated; [name_u]June[/name_u] is okay as a middle or nickname for [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].
[name_u]August[/name_u] - my favourite month name for BOYS only, hate when people use [name_u]August[/name_u] on girls!
All other months are not viable names, but you could use similar names like [name_u]Ember[/name_u] ([name_f]September[/name_f]) or [name_f]Nova[/name_f] ([name_u]November[/name_u]), or birthstones like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] ([name_f]October[/name_f]) or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] ([name_f]July[/name_f]).

Of the two, I prefer [name_u]November[/name_u], I think. Month names can work well, in my opinion, though the only one I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] is [name_f]May[/name_f]. [name_f]July[/name_f] is on my guilty pleasure list. While I think [name_u]November[/name_u], [name_u]December[/name_u] and [name_u]January[/name_u] can certainly work, I prefer [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. [name_u]March[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u] make great boy names.

So, my consensus is that I can work, but there are often better alternatives.

The only months I can see as names are:

Girls: [name_f]April[/name_f]/[name_f]Avril[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u].

Boys: [name_u]August[/name_u].