Serena or Caroline?

Sister Names to [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
  • Serena [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
  • Caroline [name_u]Anne[/name_u]

0 voters

I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] goes a lot better with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] than [name_f]Serena[/name_f] does.

2 Likes

I feel the same way, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] fits better for me. But we love the name [name_f]Serena[/name_f], and both middle names are honor names. She is such a serene baby, never cries, so calm (I think she even makes me more calm) So that’s my only hesistation

I voted for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]! I prefer it in the abstract; it’s pretty and classic with so many nickname possibilities, whereas [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is one of those names that I really want to love but never quite have (it’s beautiful though!). For me it’s taking [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] into account, though, that solidifies my vote–the three-syllable, starts w/ “S,” ends w/ “a” duo with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is just a little too match-y for my liking. They’re both lovely names, though, so I can see why this is a tough decision!

If it helps my name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. I love my name. There were maybe 2-3 [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]’s in my grade including myself. I didn’t love being one being one of three [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]’s in my elementary school but I learned to be my own self and each of the three of us were very different from one another. [name_f]My[/name_f] friends now call me [name_f]Carol[/name_f] more as a joke because I act like an old lady at times.

Serena is a wonderful, powerful and stunning name. It sounds brave and sophisticated. It sounds beautiful next to [name_f]Savannah[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as it has more southern vibes like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] (the Carolinas and the city in [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]).

If you wanted a way to honor [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] could work, as the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] sound is in [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] already, that could be a tribute to [name_u]Anne[/name_u].

I like that [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] sound so different, but go together so well.

But if you prefer [name_f]Serena[/name_f], go for it, it’s a lovely name and you have a cool story about it you could tell her, about how she was such a serene baby. Congrats as well!

Hi there.

Definitely [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Serena[/name_f] sound too similar. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] & [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] are perfect. They both have a sweet old fashioned [name_u]Southern[/name_u] bell vibe. [name_f]Serena[/name_f] isn’t a bad name, but it just sounds so modern.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I like the flow of [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] better, but the FN is more important, and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a way more versatile and lovelier FN!