Serena?

Our first daughter is [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]. We just named our second [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]. Buttttt I’m having total name regret. We would love to have 4/5 children and I don’t want to be stuck in a “s” theme. I also feel like they’re too different of a style.
Sooo, we are thinking of changing her name to [name_f]Karina[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]. Thoughts? Or other suggestions? The middle name “[name_f]Michelle[/name_f]” won’t change. And our last name has an “ee” sound so we avoid names that rhyme like “[name_f]Hayley[/name_f]”

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and I actually think it works well with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]! However, I do agree that you seem to be creating an “S” theme.

I really like [name_f]Karina[/name_f], and [name_f]Karina[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] has a great sound! I think if your child is still very young and you regret her name, it’s good to change it, and to do so sooner rather than later.

Overall, I think it depends on whether you love [name_f]Serena[/name_f] or [name_f]Karina[/name_f] more. If you prefer [name_f]Karina[/name_f], I would change it, but if you love [name_f]Serena[/name_f] more, I would keep the name because your issues with it don’t seem like dealbreakers if you really love it best.

1 Like

I agree with @EagleEyes in that it’s really preference, and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] do sound good together. If you are planning to have 4/5 children, you can always break that ‘s’ theme with your next child, right? The sibset [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] doesn’t sound at all like an M theme or too matchy. [name_m]Even[/name_m] when there’s just [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

I think they sound different enough to not be a ‘theme’.

my personal favorite is [name_f]Serena[/name_f]

2 Likes

Karina is lovely!

I think [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] work well, and if you had more children you wouldn’t necessarily be tied to an ‘s’ theme if you didn’t want to. Actually I think Something like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f] & [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would be awesome sibset.

With that being said, I also really like [name_f]Carina[/name_f] (I personally prefer it with a C it feels more classic to me, though there’s nothing wrong with K)I think it has the sweetest meaning

1 Like

I don’t think you’re stuck with an S name for a 3rd! I’ve seen sibsets with 2 of one letter and 2 of the other. So they had the 3rd with a different letter and no guarantee a 4th would come along to round it out!

For me, there’s no theme until 3 children (in a row) have the same initial. You could have a [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and a [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and I wouldn’t except an S name for your third child. If you had a [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], a [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and a [name_m]Simon[/name_m], I’d totally expect #4 to have an S-name. but that’s only a me thing.

Savannah, [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Karina[/name_f] (although I prefer [name_f]Carina[/name_f]) are three lovely names.

I know a family with an [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], an [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] and a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (and 2 girls after that with E and L names). I have never thought of it as a theme.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Karina[/name_f] is a great idea! It sounds similar enough to [name_f]Serena[/name_f] to not be totally different. [name_f]Karina[/name_f] goes great with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] without being too similar. I think [name_f]Karina[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] sounds even better than [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] to be honest!

Also, love [name_f]Karina[/name_f] with a K! For some reason everyone loves C over K on these forums! No idea why…

I don’t think you would be tied to an S theme. I wouldn’t worry about it. I like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] together. I think they work well together. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Karina[/name_f] sound good together, as well. It comes down to which name you like more/feels right. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Serena[/name_f], but both are good names.

I go by 2 is a coincidence, 3 is a theme - I think [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] are lovely for sisters! :slight_smile:

I would go with what you love - if you love [name_f]Serena[/name_f], keep it!

4 Likes

I completely agree! I think you shouldn’t worry about theme at all if you love the name you love the name! I actually preferred [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] much more than [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Katrina[/name_f]! Both names are lovely together, I would advise to chose a name that isnt S for later on for the third that way it isn’t theme

1 Like