Seriously, what do people think of Opal...?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone-
I am wondering what people think of the name [name]Opal[/name]. It is my 94 year old great grandmother’s name and she is about to pass away any minute. It woould be a middle name, the first is charlotte. I had my heart set on clementine for the middle name but I’d really like to honor this amazing woman. I’m aware it’s an “old lady” name but I fell like they’re kind of making a comeback? The other option is the name [name]Georgia[/name] because it’s where she was born and raised. She was even at the premier of gone with the wind! Anyway just wondering what people honestly think. Thanks!

“Old lady” is definitely coming back my friend! [name]Opal[/name] is a fabulous name. Bold and fresh - I would [name]LOVE[/name] to meet a little [name]Opal[/name]! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] is very nice, my only advice is to make sure your last name doesn’t start with a C…

Honestly, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] are all wonderful! I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] is my favorite though. Good luck!

I am so sorry to hear that your beloved great grandmother is nearing the end of her life! In light of this situation, it is harder to be objective about the name decision.

I have to say that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] is amazing, and I like it the best. However, [name]Opal[/name] is a perfectly fine middle name, especially when it has so much family significance. It’s quite nice. Give it careful consideration as to which name will bring you the most long-term happiness. Would you regret not using [name]Georgia[/name]? Would you regret not using [name]Opal[/name]? I recommend not rushing to make this decision. If you have time, see how you are feeling about a month from now.

Condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.

[name]Opal[/name] is one of my longest running favorites! Like tintri said, old lady names are making a comeback! I think [name]Opal[/name] is both sweet and sassy and I have her in the middle quite a few times on my (looong) list of name combos. She’s like [name]Pearl[/name] but with SO much more spunk. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] is gorgeous!

P.S. I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] too!

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] is lovely, assuming your last initial doesn’t spell something problematic. I think it’s lovely to honour your grandmother and would make your daughter’s name very special.

I really like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name]!

[name]Opal[/name] is very old lady, but I like that! And I think of iridescent opals which is a pretty image. And I think Os are somewhat popular a sound right now- like [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Harlow[/name], ect.

Aw, it’s very sweet! I would love to meet a little [name]Opal[/name]!!!

[name]Opal[/name] is a great name.

I love [name]Opal[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] is gorgeous!!! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] are lovely but there’s something about [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] that just sounds more special and with the addition of the family connection it just becomes so perfect.

Old lady names are definitely coming back!

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is beautiful, (and this is coming from someone that doesn’t normally like [name]Clementine[/name]) but I think the fact that your little [name]Charlotte[/name] would have a great namesake in your beloved great grandmother is a very sweet reason to use [name]Opal[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Opal[/name] is gorgeous!