Set of Names....

So…say a couple picked out 4 names…two for boys and two for girls.

Of the names chosen, only one does not have a Y in it. None of the names have unique spelling. None follow any other theme-y notions. Would the one name without a Y be too “odd one out?”

I hope that makes sense…Lol

Hmm… I’ll make a fake list just to see it!

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Tyson[/name] [name]James[/name] nn TJ
[name]Zoey[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]

I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all!

Oops I accidentally had the girls each have a Z…

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Tyson[/name] [name]James[/name] nn TJ
[name]Zoey[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Piper[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]

OK, I still like it! I don’t think it’s a big deal. [name]Hope[/name] I could help!

In that fake list everyone has 5 letters except [name]Zoey[/name], that could be a theme too…

I dont think it bad for the one not to have an Y in the name. I myself have a list and just noticed al the girls van an I except for 1. I dont think its a bad thing but id try to find a name that has an Y in it. But i always say, take the name you love.

I don’t think it’s bad. Plus, I don’t think “real” people notice the same themes that we do (name-obsessed people). For instance, no one is going to write down all 4 of your children’s names and count how many letters/syllables/etc each one has, or even notice that each has or does have a “Y” in it. Unless all the names start with the same letter, most people just don’t see the pattern. The only real exception to this is if you have quadruplets – because then people will see all 4 names written out together more frequently (in the birth announcement, on school forms, etc) and may put 2 and 2 together.

I think if the sounds the Ys are producing aren’t all the same, it would be fine.

An example :
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Megan[/name].

[name]Megan[/name] is the only one who doesn’t end in -ee, and while I doubt she would feel like the odd one out just because of that, it is rather noticeable.

However :
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Molly[/name].

Isn’t all that noticeable to me, especially if you only hear the names out loud.

[name]Auburn[/name]