Settled but unsure...

Husband and I have decided on the name [name]Everett[/name] for our second, he would be little brother to Greysen [name]Louis[/name].
We have kept this name on the top of our list, but the more I say it the more I start to feel “bleh” about it!

As far as middle names, I would like to keep my Husband’s tradition-mn [name]Michael[/name], after his Grandpa (His Dad has the mn as well)- but he wants to use [name]Mason[/name] since I would not agree to it as a first name, [name]Mason[/name] and Greysen… no thanks.

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Michael[/name] or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Mason[/name]??

I am starting to fall in love with the name [name]August[/name] (we are due in [name]May[/name]), also like [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Graham[/name]…

I’m open to other suggestions for a first name that would flow well with Greysen!!

Oh, I know a twelve-year-old [name]Everett[/name]! :wink: They call him [name]Every[/name] as nn sometimes. It’s very cute. I prefer [name]Everett[/name] [name]Michael[/name] though - [name]Michael[/name] is more classic and balances out the name [name]Everett[/name] better, which seems a bit more trendy. Plus, it goes well with Greysen [name]Louis[/name].

Wow, we have really similar taste in boys’ names! All of the names you mentioned are on my list!

[name]August[/name] (we are due in [name]May[/name]) - I really like this name. Something about it is so peaceful and patient, classic and thoughtful.
[name]Sawyer[/name] - I love this name! Although it’s trendy, it goes along fantastically with Greysen.
[name]Levi[/name] - A truly great underused Biblical name. Would be a wonderful choice.
[name]Lincoln[/name] - So cute! I adore this. I love the nn [name]Link[/name] as well.
[name]Graham[/name] - I think this is lovely, but I don’t like the sibset of [name]Graham[/name] and Greysen. Much too matchy.

Here are some other ones you may like:

[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]/[name]Wylie[/name]
[name]Bram[/name] (nn for [name]Abraham[/name])
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Japheth[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Gunther[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Zev[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Woodrow[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks [name]Nicole[/name]!

I think [name]Every[/name] is a perfect nn, if this baby was a girl [name]Everly[/name] was at the top of my list. And I also agree on the [name]Michael[/name] mn… Especially since [name]Louis[/name] was a namesake from my side, I think it’s only fair we honor my Hub’s side.

I am going to try and let [name]August[/name] grow on him :lol: we’ll see how it goes.

From your list I like [name]Jethro[/name] (also on our list), [name]Elias[/name], and [name]Samson[/name].
[name]Hudson[/name] is also on our list, but I don’t think I want to have -sen & -son so matchy.

Loving some of your names! We have a few of them on our list too, but for whatever reason, they are not sticking.
I love [name]August[/name] too (we’re due in Feb), but I’m getting a lot of flack from friends/family saying it’s corny to name a child [name]August[/name] if he’s not born in that month (!?!) I disagree…but…

I like [name]Hudson[/name] too, but agree on the matching endings :frowning:

I’ll see what I can think up for you…

I think [name]Everett[/name] goes very well with Greysen. [name]Greyson[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] sound as though they played on the same [name]Ivy[/name] League football team generations ago, but also fit in well with modern trends. Personally, I prefer [name]Everett[/name] [name]Michael[/name], but [name]Everett[/name] [name]Mason[/name] is nice as well.

I love the sound and meaning behind [name]Everett[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. I think family meaning always wins out when it comes to middle names. I also love [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name] with Greysen.

I totally understand what you are going through. With my second baby, a boy, we had such a hard time finding a name. A month before his birth we decided on a name and started using it BUT it just felt weird saying that name, kind of unnatural. I still liked the name I just could not imagine saying it every day. So i chose a different name that I had not initially liked as much. Having said that [name]Everett[/name] is a very nice name but if it doesn’t feel right by all means keep looking. I [name]LOVE[/name] august, its cute and classy. I dont think it matters if he is born in [name]August[/name] or not.

I really like [name]Everett[/name], and it goes really well with Greysen (which I also love!). But I agree with other posters in that if it doesn’t “feel” right, it probably isn’t right. Keep looking, and maybe reconsider some names that you liked earlier on but discarded. If you do choose it though, I would definitely want to go with [name]Michael[/name] for the middle name, especially if you used a name from your side of the family for your first.
[name]August[/name] - Really like, but I’m not sure it goes very well with Greysen… in my opinion
[name]Sawyer[/name] - Also love this! Greysen and [name]Sawyer[/name] sound perfect together!
[name]Levi[/name] - Nice!
[name]Lincoln[/name] - I also love this, but I’m not sure if I like Greysen and [name]Lincoln[/name] together…
[name]Graham[/name] - Nice, but too similar to Greysen

Here are some names you might like:
[name]Finlay[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Arbor[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]