Shackleton?

British singer [name_u]Joss[/name_u] [name_m]Stone[/name_m] had her son and revealed his name yesterday. He will be little Brother to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] DeLuz :purple_heart:

His name is Shackleton [name_m]Stoker[/name_m] DeLuz thoughts?

1 Like

I think Stoker is pretty cool, but I’m not a fan of Shackleton. I think the word shackle just has such a bad connotation, and it doesn’t have a pleasant sound anyway. At least names like Danger and Shooter sound appealing even though they don’t have nice meanings, but Shackleton is a horrible meaning and an unappealing sound, at least in my opinion, obviously they must disagree. But even if I did like the sound I think it’s just too much to name your child after something that is associated with holding someone against their will.

4 Likes

the only positive connotation would be ernest shackleton the explorer, but then again why not use ernest?

5 Likes

Interesting! After [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] Shackleton?

It’s a bold name for sure, and I’d definitely have balanced it with something a little more mainstream (and a little less Gothic) in the middle, but I love to see a totally unexpected choice! With [name_f]Violet[/name_f] I’d have predicted something like [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u].

3 Likes

Yep, She replied to someone who asked saying it was after [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] Shackleton x

2 Likes

Shackleton…? As in, shackles? :chains:?

3 Likes

Stoker is so cool, definitely should’ve used that as a first, in my opinion.

I think Violet Melissa & Stoker Ernest would’ve been so lovely together!

Personally I think Shackleton brings up terrible associations and imagery, I’m not a fan. I wouldn’t ever put something like that on another person, especially a child, myself.
I suppose at least he could go by Shack!

3 Likes

I’m at a point in my Nameberry life that when I see “out of this world names” appearing in the celebrity section I’m convinced I’m gearing up to read [name_u]Nick[/name_u] Canons next birth announcement :woman_shrugging:t2:

Not a fan but personally… gives me that vibe of “shacking up with someone .”

2 Likes

Interesting! Shackleton and Stoker are both such word-name-y surnames with slightly odd associations (shackles and stoking…) and share most of the same letters…so I really feel like it should have been either/or rather than both of these? :speak_no_evil: Maybe she’s just a huge Ernest Shackleton and Dracula fan :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] Shackleton was an incredible leader, but I agree that Shackleton is an odd choice for a first name. Maybe they’ll call him Shack?

1 Like

I just think of shackles, and bondage is not really something I would want to associate with a child (or adult, for that matter). I also think of [name_u]Jack[/name_u] Skelington.

2 Likes

Shackleton is such an awesome namesake. It’s bold and striking. I’d have used it in the middle, but I’m not a celebrity :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes