Shakira and Gerard Pique's son ...

… was born today. E! Online is saying that they named him [name]Milan[/name].

Pronounced MEE-lahn, according to her facebook page, which also says it “means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient [name]Roman[/name], eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.” I think I like it, at least as a celeb baby name.

I like it. Typically I think of it as more feminine, and pronounced as the city (Mill- ahn), but I think it works. Can’t wait to see a photo of the little guy, I’m sure he’s handsome with such good looking parents!

I don’t mind it. Of course it’s hard to not pronounce it in my head the same way as the city. Actually it’s hard not to think of the city at all (was that where he was conceived? lol) but as far as celebrity baby names go it’s not bad. The Spanish pronounciation makes it sound more feminine though. I would prefer [name]Milano[/name].

I think it’s a weird name, but it’s good compared to other wicked names given by celebrities.

It’s nice, but it seems a bit weird, considering Pique plays for [name]Barcelona[/name] and there are two big Italian soccer teams called ‘[name]Milan[/name]’ (AC [name]Milan[/name] and Inter [name]Milan[/name])!!