Shall I use Sophie when my first dd nn is Sofia?

I reserved [name]Penelope[/name] for another girl so I used [name]Sofia[/name] for my first dd mn instead of [name]Penelope[/name]. Now I want this baby girls name to be [name]Sophie[/name] but will this turn into a sibling issue somehow? They will be Irish twins so I figure it would be alright and they are slightly different: [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]. Plus ones a mn and ones a first name. Oh I’m thinking [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name] or [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I also like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I don’t think so.
Too close…[name]Charlotte[/name] is beautiful

So you want to give the 2nd daughter your first daughter’s middle (I mean, it’s basically the same name)

I don’t think it’s a huge big deal. The only sibling issue could be if your first resents sharing her stuff with the younger sister, even her name isn’t exclusively hers. She might feel less special but of course this all depends on your parenting style. Maybe it will be positive like a nice connection between them that they will both love.

Personally I think that too many great names are out there to reuse one. I love my daughter’s middle but once I used it I find it & all varients, even the less obvious ones, unusable

Please do not give your daughters the same name.

They’re definitely too close

Those really are the same name. Go with [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] better.

I wouldn’t use [name]Sophie[/name] if the older daughter’s mn is [name]Sofia[/name]. That’s too close in my opinion. Best of luck!

Oh, just saw [name]Sofia[/name] is the middle name… then it’s not so bad to go with [name]Sophie[/name].

Wait, what?

[name]Do[/name] you call your daughter by her middle name exclusively? If so, it doesn’t matter that it’s her middle name. If it’s the name you call her, you can’t reuse it for another child. Obviously. [name]Even[/name] if you never called her by her middle name, it would still be very weird to reuse a middle name as a first name for another child.

I would avoid it if possible. Especially if that’s ALL you call your 1st daughter. It could get confusing. Plus with as many great names out there why stick to something quite so similar.

What about [name]Sylvie[/name]? It’s still in the ballpark with the -ie ending.

No I call my first daughter [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]-pie. Her full name is [name]Eve[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]. So beautiful. Well what’s another sophisticated beautiful fn mn for dd #2?

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] you mentioned would be lovely and just as sophisticated as [name]Eve[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]. Another pretty name that I think would go well with [name]Eve[/name] is [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] maybe? Or [name]Kate[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be lovely. (I personally like the nickname [name]Nellie[/name] for [name]Penelope[/name])

I think it’s fine and that you could use [name]Sophie[/name] as your next daughter’s first name. If you were calling one [name]Sofia[/name] and the other [name]Sophie[/name], then, yes, that’s too close, but you call your first daughter by her first name, [name]Eve[/name].

My first daughter’s middle name and my 2nd daughter’s first name are very close - [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]. It really hasn’t been something anyone has ever noticed since I never use my 1st daughter’s middle name.

I like your other options too though. [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are both gorgeous names.