Shaw

Today I met a 4-year-old boy name [name_u]Shaw[/name_u]. Sadly I wasn’t able to find out his middle name. What do you think of it?

I think it’s cute, actually! Surprisingly, it feels complete on its own. I’d never thought about it before, but I could actually see myself using it, maybe as a second middle. I can totally picture an adorable little boy named [name_u]Shaw[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I saw his name written down before I met him. At first I was thinking “hmmm never seen that before.” He was the cutest little human ever.

It looks like the ‘n’ was left off [name_u]Shawn[/name_u]. To my knowledge though, the [name_m]Sean[/name_m] spelling is generally used in the USA (?) so maybe others won’t think that.

Another thought: I pronounce sure and shaw the same. So I don’t like the sound of it as a first name, but I can definitely see the appeal, given its a ‘cool’ surname to have.

I’ve never seen it before either, but I kind of like it! It sounds very tough. I’ve only heard of it as a last name before.