She is here but still with no name!

We do have some names but we can’t agree on which one but I would like to know what your opinions are.

We have the names [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

By all means if you think there is a name we should consider then please suggest it.

Edit: the name Ruby is officially in the running, my husband never liked it through out the pregnancy but he suggested it today and has really warmed to it since she has arrived. So add Ruby to the above list.

Congratulations on your baby girl! I like all of the names on your list except maybe [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]. It seems like a nick name and needs something longer such as [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. My favourites are [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u].

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

My favourites are [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a bit old fashioned for my taste. [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] both sound like nicknames and I’m not a fan of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

Good luck :slight_smile:

Congrats on your girl!

I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]

I absolutely love [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]! It’s such a beautiful name and I think it is strong enough to stand on it’s own and for it not to be used just as a nickname.

From your list I also like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f].
I’m not a fan of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

Good luck!!

I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or maybe even [name_f]Estella[/name_f] (I’m a big Dickens and Great Expectations fan). If your husband prefers one over the others and you another as well, have you considered hyphenating? I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f]. It sounds a little southern with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as part of the double barrelled name, but hey maybe you are southern! [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] also sounds like an old fashioned southern girl. I have a friend with a daughter named Maelynn who she calls [name_f]Mae[/name_f] for short.

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] too, my cat is named [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] from a high school obsession with the TV show Charmed. [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Milano[/name_f]'s character is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]May[/name_f]/[name_f]Mae[/name_f]. Dislike [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] (I don’t think either stands on its own very effectively).

You may like:

[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Elin[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]

Congrats! I love:

[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

Instead of [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], could you do [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and call her [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]? Because that would be my vote.

Otherwise, I’d have to say [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is my favorite. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], on their own, sound like short nicknames of a longer name. I really despise [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] (I know more dogs named [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] than people) and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (just a personal preference). [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are very pretty as well.

So, yes on [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
No on [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
Yes on [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] if it’s short for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], otherwise, no.

Congratulations! I’d go w/[name_f]Stella[/name_f], or perhaps [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_f]Surya[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], or [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u].

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] would be my pick. It sounds the strongest and most classic to me. (Though all of your choices are pretty!)

I recall you have liked [name_f]Mae[/name_f] from the very start, but your hubby likes sportier names.
It is less common, but I adore [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a first name.
If not…
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] seems like the right mix of the two.

All your options are beautiful so never fear, you can’t make a bad choice.

My next favorites after [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
in that order.

I think you should use [name_f]Mae[/name_f] no-matter-what, in some form.

It can be a first name, people will insist otherwise- but for a long time it was a used first. I truly like it in the first name place.

If not make it a second middle. Or give her a double first name :wink:

(Other ideas that remind me of your list are [name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]) :wink:

I love your names my favorite are Stella and Mae how cute and spunky does Stella Mae sound?!? so cute! congrats!

Other names I feel are similar to Stella (in one way or the other):
Emily
Elena
Cara
Jane
Sailor
Cassidy
Georgia
Sophia
Clara
Mara
Bailey
Aubrey
Piper
Scarlett
Sawyer

…names to consider

like others I love Mae in the middle!

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is lovely. It the popular choice.
I do prefer [name_f]Estella[/name_f] over [name_f]Stella[/name_f] though.
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is too cute. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] isn’t my thing. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]? It’s a GP of mine.

Here are a few suggestions of names you might prefer:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Adella[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Iva[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

Congratulations!

I’d say [name_f]Tillie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f]. I also like [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. Personally I prefer [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] to [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] but both are lovely. I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is too old-fashioned and not my taste. Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m] xx

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are my favorites. They’re sweet and simple, but not too ‘nickname-ish’ like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] or even just [name_f]Tilda[/name_f]. I’m really not a fan of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] at all.

I think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is a good stand-alone name. Granted, it’s been used as a middle name a lot, but I think that’s why I like it: it’s familiar but uncommon in the first name slot.

Good luck!

I’d go with [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], I find that name too cute for words! :slight_smile:

My favorite from your list is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I’ll suggest [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. I also really like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and think [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] would be awesome. I’d pick a longer middle like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], but if I had to choose from your list [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] would be cute.

The only ones I really don’t like are [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] - both very insubstantial names. [name_m]Way[/name_m] too little girl and country bumpkin feeling (especially if you went with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as the middle name). It’s not going to be cute when she’s 35. I agree [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] would work. Or [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

All your other choices are lovely. I like them all. The only thing I would say is that [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is very pretty and unexpected in the first name spot, but not only is it very filler in the middle name spot, it also immediately gives any name an overall country bumpkin feel (as I previously mentioned).

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] (love [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a nickname)
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]