She’s here…Eloise or Camille

Congrats a million for a healthy birth!

I much prefer [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] to [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] is a grear cute name, as is [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Camille[/name_f] “Millie” is my favorite. [name_m]Or[/name_m] just [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. In my opinion there are too many Ellie/Ell/Ella. I know 5. But , just my opinion not to offend anyone.

I dont think the language thing would be difficult with [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. In my fam, we all have nicknames and different family members use different nn for us. Example: I call my daughter [name_f]Bird[/name_f] or [name_f]Baby[/name_f], her dad calls her [name_m]Izzy[/name_m], her cousins aunts & uncles call her [name_m]Ti[/name_m]. Its not confusing to her or anyone else. I have 3 or 4 different nn from different fam members too.

I’d go with [name_f]Camille[/name_f]! [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname and goes nicely with Cedric/Ceddy. I speak [name_m]French[/name_m] and [name_f]English[/name_f] and while the pronunciations are different, they’re not that different. [name_f]My[/name_f] own name has a similarly different pronunciation in [name_f]English[/name_f] vs. [name_m]French[/name_m] and it has never caused an issue or confusion.

Congratulations on your new baby!

For Camille…
I think the language issue is not a dealbreaker, you would only be speaking [name_m]French[/name_m] while visiting the [name_m]French[/name_m] relatives, right? Lots of people have families where more than one language is spoken.

For Eloise…
You can never know if a name is going to become popular or not. The TV show and influencer suggest this is likely, but it’s not guaranteed. And how many Eloises are near you and your daughter does not necessarily correspond to the name’s popularity for your whole country, name trends can be very local.

I think it’s up to you. But it sounds like based on what you’ve written here, that you’re more likely to regret the name’s popularity than the possible pronunciation confusion. [name_f]Camille[/name_f] is a nice name, and if you were planning to use the nickname [name_f]Millie[/name_f], that’s pronounced the same in both languages right?

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]!

[name_m]Even[/name_m] if having multiple pronunciations isn’t troublesome with [name_f]Camille[/name_f] I would feel [name_f]Camille[/name_f] may have a preference of one to the other and may not to be always thrilled when the least preferred one is being used.

Have you considered [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]? Similar to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but relatively undiscovered. I love it with Cedric—Cedric and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are magical together.

Of your options, I love [name_f]Camille[/name_f]! It’s a fun name to say and it’s less heard than [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]!

You have beautiful taste! I would choose [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. I think it pairs best with [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] and I love the nickname [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. I don’t think the pronunciation concern would bother me- it’s gorgeous both ways and I don’t think it would faze you after a while.

I live in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], so it may be different where you live, but [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is very popular here. I’ve met quite a few toddlers and babies called this recently. I imagine it’s going to be popular in most places for the foreseeable due to the show.

Camille!!!

I think different pronunciations makes it cooler and [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is just so much better than another [name_f]Elle[/name_f] name (I like [name_f]Elle[/name_f] names there just.so.many)

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is so fun to say and it’s spunky and yet ages very well. [name_f]My[/name_f] concern would not be for the popularity of [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], but rather all the “Ellie” names that make it seem more popular than it is.

I would pick Camille - it’s such a beautiful name and I love the NN Millie - gorgeous! It goes so well with your sons name too (as long as you don’t mind the two C names - I personally don’t as a mum of a son and daughter with two A names).

I like Eloise too, so you can’t go wrong, but I do think it is getting increasingly popular so I would rule it out on that basis. Plus Camille has multiple nickname options so will give her loads of choices for the future and I don’t think the pronunciation in different languages is a problem, I actually think that’s quite lovely and makes the name prettier too