Sheldon

I’m not sure that this boy’s name is at the top of my list, but I came across it and it piqued my interest. I looked it up here and the nameberry write up for [name]Sheldon[/name] really bashes the name [name]Sheldon[/name], calling it “out there” and comparing it to [name]Marvin[/name] - which sounds like the ultimate math nerd name to me.

I thought [name]Sheldon[/name] seemed rather manly and athletic. Does everyone else feel this is as brutal a name as nameberry thinks?

[name]Sheldon[/name] is a classic “nerd” name. (See “The Big Bang [name]Theory[/name].”) That’s not to say you couldn’t have a little [name]Sheldon[/name] who owned his name and made it cool, but that’s it’s immediate association for many people.

I want to see his appeal, really I do. I even know someone online who insists her firstborn will be [name]Sheldon[/name], for her Grandpop. But [name]Sheldon[/name] feels very tight to me, and almost too prissy. I think it’s that shel- sound. I agree that the right kid could pull it off, but knowing that would be better known by you. If you really think it’ll fit, go for it. After all, I have [name]Rufus[/name] on top of my list and this is the “[name]Sheldon[/name]” name for me, I love him, few others do!

That name automatically makes me think of that scene in “When [name]Harry[/name] met [name]Sally[/name]” when he asks her with whom she had great sex. She answers: [name]Shel[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]. An he goes: [name]Sheldon[/name]? Not you did not have great sex with [name]Shel[/name] [name]Gordon[/name]. It’s the name (and so on). So while I’m indifferent about that name maybe it arouses the same connotation with others too.

[name]Annika[/name] - I had totally forgotten that scene!! Funny. But that it the conotations that I have. [name]Sheldon[/name] is somebody who can do your taxes . . . Sorry, I don;t think think I could handle a baby [name]Sheldon[/name].

I’m of a different opinion than many, but that’s because of my association with the name. I went to school with a [name]Sheldon[/name] and he was one of the most laid back, kindest, and well liked kids ever, the entire time I knew him. And when we were little, he was every girl’s crush. Since that’s the only [name]Sheldon[/name] I’ve ever known, it’s the kind of person I associate with the name. I’ll always think that [name]Sheldon[/name] has potential.