Shepherd or Finn?

I really am loving the name [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] lately, but I don’t know how well it goes with the sibset [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]”, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]”, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] “[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]”, and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] “[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]”. All of those names seem vintage and classic to me and I don’t know about [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] with them.

Another possibility would be [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”, which I think goes better. However, I feel could easily become more of a girls name, what with [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Finlay[/name_u] seemingly becoming more popular for girls.

So what do you think? [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]?

[name_m]Both[/name_m] are great. While I love the name [name_u]Finn[/name_u], with your sibset I slightly prefer [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_m]Shep[/name_m] would be a good nn.

I much prefer [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] as a first just feels out of place in the sibset, and doesn’t have the fun, cool-guy vibe of [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]/[name_u]Finn[/name_u].

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are too similar for my comfort level. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] just doesn’t have the historic distinction of the other three names. I think I prefer just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] rather than [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]. Other options available are [name_m]Finbarr[/name_m], [name_m]Fintan[/name_m], [name_m]Fingal[/name_m] or [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

Definitely [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. It’s a legit first name whereas shepherd is a profession/surname.

Here is your link from yesterday.

I like [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]! Though [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is being used on girls, I don’t see [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] being used on girls–it is far too masculine, in my opinion!

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] at all, sorry. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is lovely though :slight_smile:

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m].
I dislike the idea of the nickname “[name_m]Shep[/name_m]”, but love “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”. Suits the siblings and a [name_u]Finn[/name_u] seems much more adorable to me than a [name_m]Shep[/name_m]!