She's arrived but need help with name!

Wdyt of [name]Sacha[/name], [name]Sacha[/name] [name]Deane[/name]?

All of your choices are lovely. My favourites are [name]Alice[/name], [name]Maia[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Lara[/name]. I would avoid a one syllable name with your surname. My DD is [name]Maia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] so of course I love this best. However, you have to go with your instinct :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t go with [name]Lara[/name] having another daughter named [name]Sarah[/name]. [name]Even[/name] if you pronounced it “[name]Law[/name]-ruh” a lot of people may assume your daughters have rhyming names.

[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Reina[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

thanks rollo for the [name]Sacha[/name] [name]Deane[/name] suggestion.I love all alexandra related names and [name]Sacha[/name] was a name on my list plus I love the french [name]Sacha[/name] spelling-must mention again with dh.WhereI live there was a chain of womens clothes called [name]Sasha[/name] but they closed up last year so I guess this frees up the name again. To justthinkin I love [name]Anna[/name] and always have but do you think there would be an issue with [name]Anna[/name] [name]Deane[/name] -I think Anadin tablets are a worldwide analgesic my brother who’s a pharmacist pointed this issue out
to me but every name he hears seems to have something wrong with it.WDYT?I also thought of [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] as a name WDYT? finally I do love [name]Lara[/name] but I don’t think it’s that matchy with [name]Sarah[/name] since the Sare and Lar sounds are so dissimilar .To mommyto3 I had read your little girls name before and I think it’s so beautiful,by the way, does [name]Maia[/name] ever get called [name]Mia[/name] or [name]May[/name]-a as this would concern me since where I live in [name]Ireland[/name] the name is very,very uncommon and I’d say unheard of with this spelling.But it’s great to hear from you 'thanks for your input.Another thought mommyto3 does [name]Maia[/name] have any nickname/petnames? And did you just always love the name or did it just grow on you ?

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] would be lovely too, but it does run into [name]Deane[/name] a lot unfortunately. Give the problems with a lot of names running into [name]Deane[/name] my vote remains with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], short, simple, classic and pretty choice, can’t really go wrong with it!.

The suggestion of [name]Anna[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] automatically made me think of [name]Joyce[/name]'s “[name]Anna[/name] [name]Livia[/name]”, which is a play on An Life - the river Liffey that runs through [name]Dublin[/name].

FWIW I think [name]Maia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is lovely.

[name]Hi[/name], yes, [name]Maia[/name] does sometimes get called [name]May[/name]-a or [name]Mia[/name] and is sometimes a little reluctant to correct people (she is 7) but I always doe and I am sure that she will as she gets older. It is mildly irritating as, although [name]Mia[/name] is quite a pretty name, [name]Maia[/name] is so much more Classical and more beautiful (to me) and [name]May[/name]-ah is just a mispronunciation!! Still, it is not a major problem at all!
I do use a lot of nns but they are only used by me (everyone else calls her the full name). I use My-see and My-see-belle (ie [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]) plus a few other silly ones! :slight_smile:
I originally missed the fact that your other DD’s name is [name]Sarah[/name]. I think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] goes especially well with [name]Sarah[/name] as they are both v traditional and classic name but all of your options are fantastic. Btw, do you have any other children?

thank you liz22 and mummyof3 .I do think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] is lovely but
the [name]Joyce[/name] theme would be too obvious.wdyt of just [name]Livia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] it might just sound a little harsh and off balance while [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is a lovely rounded name.That was helpful advise mummyof3 re mia/[name]Maia[/name] problems(as small as they are) my other kids 3 boys have one religious,one english and one irish name so I have quite an eclectic bunch.Oh and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is gorgeous along with [name]Anna[/name] [name]Rose[/name].Talk to you soon.

I think using the [name]Maya[/name] spelling would clear up a lot of pronunciation issues. [name]Emilia[/name] is so close to [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name], I think you’d be choosing a name you’d hear coming and going. [name]Anna[/name] is nice – I like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] – and I think [name]Julia[/name] is really lovely too.

Thanks a million [name]Pam[/name].I was thinking that eventhough the [name]Maia[/name] spelling is attractive and unique ,it may get muddled up with [name]Mia[/name] too much. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Maya[/name] is a good choice with [name]Deane[/name] or not really. It’s probably too big a question but which name would you be more partial to ?[name]Maya[/name] [name]Deane[/name], [name]Anna[/name] kate [name]Deane[/name]/[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Deane[/name] ,[name]Isabel[/name] /[name]Julia[/name] deane or any better ideas.

[name]Julia[/name] is lovely. Have you thought about [name]Sacha[/name] anymore?

I think [name]Sacha[/name] deane is gorgeous and I’ve just asked my husband this minute rollo and typical man he just said hmm and kept wathching tv.Looks like I’ll have to be more forceful in my questioning ,also [name]Julia[/name] is so strong so I haven’t ruled it out .[name]Alexa[/name] is a name I had for a while so I definitely like the [name]Sacha[/name]/[name]Alexa[/name] names.

What does everyone think of [name]Elysia[/name] [name]Deane[/name],too much maybe?

I love [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Deane[/name] the most. My second favorite is [name]Maya[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is really pretty, too.
But [name]Anna[/name] is one of my very favorite names and I just love [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name.

I think [name]Sacha[/name] deane is gorgeous and I’ve just asked my husband this minute rollo and typical man he just said hmm and kept wathching tv.Looks like I’ll have to be more forceful in my questioning ,also [name]Julia[/name] is so strong so I haven’t ruled it out .[name]Alexa[/name] is a name I had for a while so I definitely like the [name]Sacha[/name]/[name]Alexa[/name] names.[/quote]

Best wishes maybe if you said I have made up my mind I want to name our baby…(name), he may say Yes while watching TV.

Someone close to us is [name]Sacha[/name] and I love [name]Alexa[/name] too.

thank you [name]Susan[/name] and rollo for your advise hopefully I’m getting closer to the name.keep you posted.

[name]Julia[/name] is a beautiful name too! If I were you, I would go for [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. Obviously, I love the name [name]Maia[/name]/ [name]Maya[/name] but I think perhaps the others would suit you better. The only one that you have mentioned that I’m not keen on is [name]Elysia[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] is so much nicer!!
In my experience, using the ‘[name]Maya[/name]’ spelling doesn’t necessarily help. There is a girl in my children’s school who spells her name in this way and pronounces it [name]May[/name]-ah!

Oh I love [name]Maia[/name] said as [name]MAY[/name]-uh, but this spelling is nice as MY-uh too. [name]Maia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is fine either way - pick the pronunciation you love best.

What about [name]Maia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Maia[/name] [name]Julianne[/name] or [name]Maia[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]?

Congratulations!
[name]Maia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is a beautiful name. I think My-a sounds better with your last name. If you like the name [name]Emilia[/name], what about:
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Julie[/name] - [name]Julia[/name] did not sound the best with this since it somewhat rhymes with [name]Emilia[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] would also work with this.
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Maia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Maia[/name] [name]Julie[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Maia[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] - This one was kind of spontaneous, but I think it sounds very pretty.

Or if you would still like [name]Maia[/name] as a first name but would like to include [name]Emilia[/name], some options:
[name]Maia[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Maia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Maia[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Julie[/name]

Or some other nice combonations with your four names:
[name]Maia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Maia[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Maia[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] Kittyn-I really like [name]Maia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] its got alot of style I think and my granny was [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Maia[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] is also a fun sounding name.Uncertainty is the main reason I was going to have 3 names
but in reality I would prefer 2 good names I am sure of because lets face it with form filling etc the first and middle are generally only used.Having said that 3 out of 4 of my other kids have 3 names so why break with tradition eh.
To Bounceparty- I think [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] is beautiful but it may be a bit frilly for my tastes at the end of the day.Also thanks for giving your opinions on [name]Maia[/name] (mya may-a) pron. issues.Basically if I do go with [name]Maia[/name] I will just have to devide which way of saying it I like the best.[name]May[/name]-ah seems to be preferable because of its softness and simplicity,and conversely My-ah sounds more sophisticated
and authentic.Have to go now talk later.