SHE'S HERE! BABY DOYLE IS HERE! (See Page 3)

See the results of this poll: Which is the perfect name for Prue and Remy’s baby sister?

Respondents: 71 (This poll is closed)

• Verity Susannah Doyle: 39 (55%)
  • Felicity Margaret Doyle: 26 (37%)
  • Thankful Marianne Doyle: 6 (8%)

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Doyle[/name]

I think that this is a beautiful name, I can imagine baby is jumping up and down in the womb saying to her mother vote for [name]Verity[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]! I am sure that she will love this name.

I love its femininity and strength and the way it blends so beautifully with her sister’s names.

Can’t wait for the final decision.

I like [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Margaret[/name].

Seems [name]Verity[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] are both popular choices, but which is perfect with her sisters - [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Remember[/name]? :slight_smile:

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Doyle[/name]: I voted for this one-- it’s gorgeous! I love the nickname [name]Vera[/name], too. It seems the best fit with [name]Prue[/name] and [name]Remy[/name], because it’s recognized as a name, though not a common one (like [name]Felicity[/name]) but is also a virtue name, like her sisters.

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Doyle[/name]: I like [name]Felicity[/name], too, but it’s kind of hissy to me… it’s my second choice, though

Thankful [name]Marianne[/name] [name]Doyle[/name]: Sorry, I just don’t see ‘thankful’ as a name. It’s not even an attractive word! Anyway, Thankful [name]Doyle[/name] doesn’t flow well at all because they are both two syllable words ending in L. Also, I can’t really see [name]Annie[/name] as a nickname…

[name]Just[/name] got off the phone with [name]Meg[/name], and it seems that [name]Verity[/name] is their front-runner now! Thankful is officially off the list, and though I’m sad to see it go, I think both [name]Verity[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] have more melodic, feminine, and appealing sounds, in keeping with [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Remember[/name].

Anyway, back to the point of this post. What is your favorite nickname for [name]Verity[/name]? If [name]Felicity[/name] is chosen, the nickname will no doubt be Lissy.

The only nicknames I can think of for [name]Verity[/name] are [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Rita[/name] and Very (but I don’t think Very is a good nickname).
For [name]Felicity[/name], I love the nickname Fizzy! Someone in a different thread a few months ago mentioned that they knew a [name]Felicity[/name] in real life who went by this and I just love it. Lissy has never really appealed to me, it seems baby-ish or whiny or I don’t really know but something.

The best nn for [name]Verity[/name] is [name]Verdi[/name] it just rolls off the tongue, I like the way it sounds.

I sincerely hope that they choose [name]Verity[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] as it is an elegant and beautiful name.

Vee
[name]Vivi[/name]
[name]Ver[/name]
Very
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Vita[/name]
[name]Rita[/name]
Tee
[name]Eri[/name] - my fave!
[name]Ettie[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]

I was just thinking that [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Doyle[/name] sounds a lot like [name]Susan[/name] Boyle…if you are okay with that…

What about [name]Verity[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Doyle[/name]?
I voted for [name]Verity[/name] (:

I voted for [name]Felicity[/name], but I really love [name]Verity[/name], too! My favorite [name]Verity[/name] nickname is [name]Vera[/name]. :slight_smile:

(My blog on Colonial names is up on Nameberry today—thanks, [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]-- and if [name]Meg[/name] is ever really, really bored and in the mood to share some names there, I’d love to hear them!)

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thank you, [name]Jill[/name]. I honestly think they are leaning toward [name]Verity[/name]…

I just saw and commented on your blog with some of the names and naming trends that [name]Meg[/name] has been so kind to share with me over the last few days, weeks, and months. Great blog, indeed, Miss [name]Jill[/name]!

I’m sad to see Thankful go. =(
However, I do like [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]…it got my vote! =)

Thanks for commenting and sharing the names, [name]Lemon[/name]! I’m trying to reply there, but for some reason, my 'puter hates me and won’t let me reply. I’ll try again in a few minutes.

And even though I voted for [name]Felicity[/name] (I can never pass up a chance to vote for [name]Felicity[/name]), I can really better see [name]Verity[/name] with [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Remember[/name], because it feels more 1600s to me.

Take care! :slight_smile:

I like Thankful. Because I saw the last post you made and I liked how one of your daughters thought of it :slight_smile:

Yes, [name]Prudence[/name], [name]Remember[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] are a really good sibset that really expresses the flavour of the Pilgrims.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Verity[/name]. Either is a win in my book.

I love [name]Felicity[/name] but not a fan of Lissy.

I like [name]Verity[/name] and love the nickname [name]Vera[/name].

I think [name]Verity[/name] works best with the siblings, so [name]Verity[/name] definitely gets my vote - two thumbs up, way up!

I love [name]Felicity[/name]! [name]Verity[/name] as well (which would sound better with the two other names), but [name]Felicity[/name] is my favorite. Not a big fan of Thankful.

UPDATE! [name]VERITY[/name] [name]SUSANNAH[/name] [name]DOYLE[/name] [name]WILL[/name] BE HER NAME!

[name]Meg[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name] have decided to go with [name]Verity[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] for [name]Baby[/name] #3! [name]Meg[/name] called tonight to say she is so happy because she put in an order for a personalized “[name]Verity[/name]” baby blanket today. Yay! Thanks for helping them decide - I know it is a huge relief for them to have the name picked, as she is expected to join big sisters [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Remember[/name] in the first week of February. Oh, her nickname will be [name]Vera[/name] - though [name]Verdie[/name] ([name]Verdi[/name], [name]Vertie[/name]) and [name]Eri[/name] were in contention, [name]Vera[/name] is perfect because it is distinctive enough in sound to be separate from [name]Prue[/name] and [name]Remy[/name].

Again, thanks and love from me (lemon) and The [name]Doyle[/name] Family - [name]Meg[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Prue[/name], [name]Remy[/name], and “[name]Baby[/name] Bump [name]Verity[/name] [name]Susannah[/name].”