She's HERE! Named her Lucy... still needs mn!

See the results of this poll: Updated Poll: Lucy’s middle name is between… Please Vote

Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• Lucy Abigail Anderson: 21 (72%)
  • Lucy Susannah Anderson: 6 (21%)
  • Lucy Sharon Anderson: 2 (7%)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :slight_smile: I’m so happy for you, CO, and I’m glad that you and [name]Lucy[/name] are doing well! I beyond love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], and am so glad you were able to find a name you love! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name], because I love the flow, and I think the meaning, “My father is joyful,” is really fitting. :slight_smile: (I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], too, but I just love the sound of [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] more than I do [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Anderson[/name].) Plus, with [name]Abigail[/name], you get a Biblical name like your sons have.

I hope you choose what makes you happy! :slight_smile:

I’m so happy for you!!! :slight_smile:

Take care!

I voted for [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] (very Cute) but I think you should also consider [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Sharona[/name] to honor grandma. I think that is a cute combo! If it works with your last name of course :slight_smile: Or, [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Sharona[/name] would be cute if you don’t mind two middles!

Thank you! Never thought of that name. Would you pronounce it

Sheh-rown-ah (like an ‘a’ would sound in the word play)

or

[name]Share[/name]-own-ah (similiar to the ‘a’ in how [name]Sharon[/name] sounds).

[name]Both[/name] with emphasis on second syllable???

[name]Hi[/name] CO! I am so happy for you and your family…congrats on your new baby daughter–[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]! I voted for [name]Katherine[/name], because that is my daughter’s mn.
But, I thought of a mn you could use with the “S” initial: [name]Susannah[/name], which is also a biblicial name AND it means “lily”, which is so pretty. Let us know how you all are doing! Kyemsma

Thank you, love [name]Susannah[/name], too! (also my middle name is [name]Suzanne[/name], so kind of neat :slight_smile: )

Of these suggestions… looks like we have four great mn’s to choose from…

[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sharona[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]

2 middle names is pretty, but not sure on this? [name]Will[/name] think about it, i.e. complications for a child through adulthood of filling out 2 middle names for everything and which one do you put first? Does the 2nd one eventually get dropped? Anyway… we’ll see, but happy we have some great choices to pick from!

We’re doing great in the hospital! Can’t wait to bring her home. My two boys met their baby sister this morning and are so excited!!! (A little confused, too, on how baby was in Mommy’s tummy and now isn’t :slight_smile: ) Try explaining that to a 5 year old!

Hey CO, congratulations! I love [name]Lucy[/name]!

I voted for [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] in the poll, but it was a hard choice, as I think either [name]Abigail[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] flow nicely.

However, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]! I think it sounds amazing.

Also, vis a vis two middles, I have two and it’s never been a problem for me. I either put the initials or the first and initial the second when there isn’t enough room on forms. Usually you can squeeze them both in though :slight_smile: Good luck choosing a middle!

[name]Lucy[/name] is very pretty! Out of your middles, I like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Susannah[/name], because I find [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] to be really boring (I think [name]Lucy[/name] needs something a little more exotic to balance it out). [name]Sharona[/name] is very made-up sounding…

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]

I like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]. Another LS suggestion…
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name].

Congrats! I hope you and baby are doing well :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]. It’s pretty and fun.
I also love the suggestion of [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Sharona[/name]. I think it would be nice to honor your husband’s mother, while still having a name you love.
Good luck, and congratulations on your baby girl! :slight_smile:

CO,

I’m just thrilled with her name! Congratulations to you and your family on [name]Little[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]'s arrival! Now, let’s get her a middle name, shall we?

I really do like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] - I think it has a very nice sound to it and a very nice meaning. However, I generally prefer two-syllable middle names in this case, with a two-syllable first name and a three-syllable last name.

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Irene[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is my favorite, for the [name]LIA[/name] initials - cute! - and the fact that [name]Irene[/name] means “peace.” Maybe the arrival of [name]Little[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] will bring your family some much-needed peace after your tumultuous and trying past couple of years.

Others I would suggest are: [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Helen[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Rosette[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Sara[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] (for you!), or [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Therese[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]…

Good luck, and let me know if you need more help!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]…adorable! congrats!

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Irene[/name] is very cute. It really seems to be between [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Sharon[/name] for us… will probably have a difficult time finding middle ground with my husband on another mn, since he’s really trying to decide whether to use his mom’s name. But of course he loves the meaning of [name]Abigail[/name] (as all fathers do! :slight_smile: ), and [name]Abigail[/name] fits my naming style, too, and matches our other two sons with its Hebrew origin.

One poster mentioned [name]Sharona[/name]. [name]Do[/name] think this is cute and flows better than [name]Sharon[/name], but think there’s also some song about this name (giving us a theme here now… with ‘[name]Lucy[/name] in the [name]Sky[/name]’…), not even sure what kind of song it is… but think it’s something like MY MY MY [name]Sharona[/name]… and the name may feel a bit made up as well… versus the traditional classic or vintage style that I prefer.

[name]Susannah[/name] is really cute, has the ‘anna’ sound that I love, and [name]Suzanne[/name] is my middle name. So has a lot going for it. But, my guess is that this name has the same problem as [name]Anna[/name] did with the last name [name]Anderson[/name]. Otherwise would say it could be between [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Sharon[/name], or [name]Susannah[/name].

Okay… just found the [name]Sharona[/name] song and listened to the lyrics. [name]Do[/name] recall this song.

Beautiful idea to turn [name]Sharon[/name] into [name]Sharona[/name] for a mn, but definitely not a song I want my little girl to be associated with. So probably a no go for us… copied lyrics below for anyone who hasn’t heard of song…

Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, [name]Sharona[/name]?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
[name]Gun[/name] it comin’ off the line [name]Sharona[/name]
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind. My my my i yi woo. M M M My [name]Sharona[/name]…

Come a little closer huh, ah will ya huh.
Close enough to look in my eyes, [name]Sharona[/name].
Keeping it a mystery gets to me
Running down the length of my thighs, [name]Sharona[/name]
Never gonna stop, give it up. Such a dirty mind.
Always get it up for the touch

When you gonna give it to me, give it to me.
It is just a matter of time [name]Sharona[/name]
Is it just destiny, destiny?
Or is it just a game in my mind, [name]Sharona[/name]?
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch

[name]Hi[/name], again!

I think she has a name - [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]. It has a beautiful meaning, for your husband and for your family. [name]Lucy[/name] means “light,” and perhaps this baby is the light at the end of the tunnel for your family, a new source of joy and happiness!

I thought you mentioned that you don’t care for [name]Sharon[/name], and it seems that [name]Sharona[/name], with the sound, doesn’t have the best association. [name]Susannah[/name], though darling, still has the A sound issue that bothers me, personally. Also, I don’t love names beginning in S with [name]Lucy[/name], considering [name]Lucy[/name] has a definite S sound already…

Thus, I think [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is ideal for your baby girl!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Congratulations!
I really love the flow of [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], there’s something so sweet about it, the names compliment each other beautifully

Thank you! Never thought of that name. Would you pronounce it

Sheh-rown-ah (like an ‘a’ would sound in the word play)

or

[name]Share[/name]-own-ah (similiar to the ‘a’ in how [name]Sharon[/name] sounds).

[name]Both[/name] with emphasis on second syllable???[/quote]

I would pronounce it with your first pronunciation. I think it sounds a little fresher than [name]Sharon[/name]. There was a song quite awhile back with this name. Let me see if I can find a link :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] CO, my son was 3 1/2 when we had my daughter, and boy was he confused! So I can relate! (but the sweet thing is, he insisted that he was having a baby sister for nine months, even though we had not told anyone we were having a girl!)
Also, I’m glad you like [name]Susannah[/name], and I had forgotten your LN was [name]Anderson[/name]. But if you say [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] out loud, it actually sounds very pretty! Anyway, that is just my opinion, and what really matters is yours and your husband’s. Good luck!

Here’s a link to the lyrics and you can hear how they pronounce it here as well:

The lyrics aren’t so nice…sorry!

Oops! [name]Just[/name] noticed you had already found the lyrics- I am sorry they ruined the name for you. I really think [name]Sharona[/name] would have been a nice way of honoring grandma. Stupid song !!! LOL