Shia, wdyt?

Hello

I made a thread about this name on Talk About Names but that board doesn’t get as much action as this one and I’m not pregnant or anything but wanted to know everyones opinion on [name]Shia[/name] (for a boy). I’ve been pondering it for a while and was thinking about adding it to my boys list. What do you think of a boy/teenager/man named [name]Shia[/name] to be like. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too soft for a guy? [name]Do[/name] you only think of [name]Shia[/name] Labeouf? Is that even a bad connection cause I like him as an actor. Sorry for all the questions, just want honest opinions on this name and everything you think or know about it. Also, I may be asking for too much but if you could sugget male and female names similar to [name]Shia[/name]. I get kind of a laid back surfer vibe from [name]Shia[/name] but idk I may be the only one. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Since it has a history of being used (by the actor), I think it is usable. However, I think a lot of people would assume it’s feminine based on the sound. I think if you used it you would spend a fair about of time explaining it to folks, but I don’t think that’s a necessarily a deal-breaker.

Names that seem similar to this name (to me) are:
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Shae[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Shayla[/name]

I really like [name]Shia[/name] for a boy. The [name]Shia[/name] LaBeouf connection certainly isn’t negative to me. I get a very laid back, sort of Southern feel from [name]Shia[/name].

@ewaggenspack

Thank you for your feedback. Sometimes the softness of it worries me a little but most of the time I don’t mind it all. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear, I was trying to find names similar and style and feel not sound.

@agirlinred

Thanks, I totally agree with you on the laid-back southern feel. Lately I’ve been loving short, laid-back type of names.

I really like it. It’s on my long list for our first little one. I came to it as a nickname for [name]Shiloh[/name], though, which was my favorite name before Brangelina picked it up :slight_smile: And, yeah, southern and laid back soudns good to me, too.

I thought it was a girls name. :oops:

@Closer3mykarma
Thanks fo your input, best wishes to you and your baby!

@grey56
It’s okay :slight_smile:

Anyone else have anymore opinions, suggestions, comments? Thanks everyone!

Sorry! I misunderstood. Names I think have a similar feel to [name]Shia[/name] would be:

[name]Shae[/name] - I know it was on my last list too, they do ‘feel’ similar to me, though
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Trey[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] “[name]Nola[/name]”
[name]Brie[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]

@ewaggenspack

It’s okay. Thanks for your suggestions !:slight_smile:

[name]Kai[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Trey[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], and [name]Magnolia[/name] “[name]Nola[/name]” are great.