Shiloh Moses is here!

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] was born on [name_u]January[/name_u] 2, 2021.

Last year I asked for a lot of advice on names, leading up to our gender reveal. I had pretty much settled on Noémi [name_u]Love[/name_u] and/or Rhema for a girl, [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Justus[/name_m] and/or Moses for a boy. Thanks to all who commented & voted!

Older sibs (from 9 to 2) are:
Amaré [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]
[name_m]Job[/name_m] [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] (Joby)
Sélah [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Apollos[/name_m]

All of their names have stories, meanings, & life verses attached. We didn’t set out to come up with unusual names, but it just happened. :woman_shrugging:

We ultimately had a boy, and chose the name [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m]. His siblings often use both names when cooing over him, and we are all in love. His name seems to fit him well.

Here were the details, for those interested:
His life verse is [name_m]John[/name_m] 1: 16-17—
“And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
For the law was given through [name_m]Moses[/name_m], but grace and truth came through [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m].”

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]—“the Peaceful One/the One who was to be sent” refers to the coming [name_u]Messiah[/name_u], [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m] the [name_m]Son[/name_m] of God, who once & for all helped us be free from our inability to keep the [name_m]Law[/name_m] perfectly.

[name_m]Moses[/name_m]—was a faithful deliverer who obeyed God & is used to represent the [name_m]Law[/name_m], which shows us our sin.

We pray our [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] will be a man of God who keeps the [name_m]Law[/name_m] out of love for His God, but understands & even has a desire to do so because of the [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] ([name_u]Messiah[/name_u]) who was the perfect once-and-for-all sacrifice.

63 Likes

Congratulations! He has a beautiful name with beautiful meanings and connections. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the world [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:
What a beautiful and meaningful name! His siblings have stunning names as well. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, so adorable! I LOVE his name, too!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has such a strong, meaningful name, and what a sweet picture :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So happy he’s finally here, and thrilled to see the name you chose!! [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is absolutely lovely, and fits in so nicely with his siblings names! Congratulations on your newest addition!!

(Also, he’s so adorable!!!)

1 Like

Oh man I am absolutely in love at your amazing sibset. [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] such a cute adorable baby and such a meaningful name. I love it! I’m coming to you and @seawillow if ever hubby lets us have more :wink:

:blue_heart: Congratulations! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Yes @Alix2016 we have similar styles! I remember seeing your names last year & feeling that. :slight_smile: [name_m]Jabez[/name_m] is one of my DH’s faves, and was on our shortlist to put with [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] has always been one of my faves! And I loved [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], but also toy with the name [name_f]Esther[/name_f] (it’s my son’s favorite pick for a girl, and what a backstory!).

Fun to find others up this alley. :wink:

Congratulations! What a wonderful name! So meaningful! I wish you all the best. Stay safe :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! I love his name!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Firstly love the professional photo of little [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] such a sweet photo makes me want to get professional photos done of my newborn so cute :two_hearts::two_hearts:

As for the name [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] absolutely love it such a cool name feels very vogue great choice packed with so much meaning love it.

1 Like

Congratulations! He has such a wonderful name!

1 Like

congratulations, he’s adorable!

1 Like

He has a beautiful name! Congrats :yellow_heart:!

1 Like

So cute, with a great name! Congratulations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

What a beautiful name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congratulations!!

1 Like

Gorgeous name for a gorgeous boy! :orange_heart: Congratulations.

1 Like

Wow what an incredibly powerful name. He is a beautiful little boy.

1 Like

Congratulations! He is so cute and beautifully named! :heart::blush:

1 Like