Shiloh Pitt dresses as a boy, & now goes by John or Peter

Not to sound rude, but you know this how? [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong, I’ve heard the same rumors from others who read tabloids, but really? Far as I can see, those kids look happy and loved. The family’s private life is none of my business.

[name]Alexis[/name]

Maybe she is transgender. I used to work with a teen who said he (born a she) had those feelings from a very young age and did things without meaning to that were boyish. Apparently, tried to pee standing up when he was four.

The other kids in my program accepted him and were nice to him, but they still kept their distant. It was sad.

At least she is in a liberal (or at least appears that way) family where they can give her (or him) the support needed. If she is transgender, it will be a hard path, esp when both of her parents are so famous.

Maybe it is just a peter-pan faze. :slight_smile:

Also, being from a family of such a large size, she just might be behaving different trying to get more attention. I mean, she has to share her parents with 5 other siblings. I’m sure they all have a hard time with that sometimes. At the end of the day, they know they are loved and that will hopefully get them through it, but kids can do some pretty crazy things for attention.

She’s a baby girl honestly! being a tomboy isn’t some kind of disease…how old is she like 6?

Maybe she is transgender, or maybe its just a phase. Either way, who cares? I’d be more concerned if her parents were forcing her to act and dress like a boy. She’s expressing herself in a way that is not unhealthy, so let her be!

She has two older brothers, which also could account for her tomboyishness. I grew up around a lot of boys who were older than me and had a lot of male friends. I was quite the tomboy and always asked my mom if I could buy clothes from the boys department as they were less frilly and not pink or purple (I hated pink back then). She usually didn’t oblige but often did let me pick out a t-shirt or a baseball cap from the boys side of the store. Today, I’m basically you’re average 19 year old female. I wear makeup and love shoes and am still a huge sports fan. There’s nothing wrong with being a tomboy when you’re young, her parents are doing good by not forcing her to be something she is not.

If [name]Shiloh[/name] picks out her own clothes, that’s fine. But she often looks like a trendy 25 year-old man with sweater vests, fedoras, and ties, which makes me skeptical that someone else isn’t dressing her. I’d rather see her in normal little kid clothes, like a dinosaur t-shirt and shorts.

The 3-year-old’s tomboyish look has tongues wagging, and last week’s cover of Life & Style magazine asking, “Why Is [name]Angelina[/name] Turning [name]Shiloh[/name] into a Boy?”

But one parenting expert thinks everyone should simmer down and let the child be a child.

“What [name]Shiloh[/name] is doing now at 3 is very age-appropriate,” [name]Michelle[/name] Golland, a clinical psychologist and MomLogic.com expert, told ABCNews.com. “Kids take on different identities. And she has older brothers. In some ways, she’s going to aspire to be like them.”

Golland said she thinks [name]Jolie[/name] and [name]Pitt[/name] are taking a healthy approach to [name]Shiloh[/name]'s self-expression. “I think they are doing exactly what they should do,” she said.

If that’s how she feels, then whatever. Also, kids go through stages like that. What does it matter?
I knew a little boy who, at the age of 5, started undergoing hormone treatments to become a girl. He now goes by [name]Shannon[/name]. [name]Do[/name] I think that’s too young for hormone treatments? Yes. [name]Do[/name] I think her parents should have stopped their child from being who they feel they truly are? No.
You cannot deny your kids who they are. [name]Just[/name] like I would never tell my child to stop being gay, if they were. That’s how they’re born, and as a parent, you need to accept and love your child no matter what.

I agree, I think it’s important to help them grow and guide them in the beginning years of their life, but there is a fine balance of supporting them and parenting them vs forcing them to be someone they aren’t.

I also think it’s important to help them grow where they don’t feel ashamed of who they are. I personally would want my child to be comfortable in talking to me, whether I agree with it or not. I want to be their safe haven. Does that mean I wouldn’t keep it real with them? Absolutely not.

I think there is a positive way of expressing your personal opinions and being a parent without trying to make them into someone they aren’t.

For example, if someone has a drinking problem, as much I may want to isolate them from alcohol where they never drink again, at the end of the day, I can’t make them stop drinking unless it is their choice. We can only make choices about change from within, we can’t push it on someone else, it never works in the long run.

[name]Amen[/name]!!!

I think each child should have their own style. I see nothing worng with [name]Shiloh[/name] wearing jeans a tshirt. [name]Every[/name] kid goes through different stages. She looks adorable. I was a tomboy growing up and now I am perfertly feminine.

Anyone knows the elektra-complex? The daughter is attracted to her dad, mad at her mother for giving birth to her when she wasnt ‘compleet’ (lack of penis). Soon she will realise her mother could win her dad over without a penis and she will fear the loss of her parents love and turn ‘girly’ again.

I learned this in school, biys have the [name]Oedipus[/name]-complex where theyre the rival of there dad

I think its a fase but, let kids be kids.

[name]Shiloh[/name] is so adorable and she will be even if she wants to be a boy. I had/have those feelings of dressing like a boy. They are doing studies that if there is a “gay” gene she might have gotten it from her mom. But she is lucky to have parents who let her dress in her own style even if thaat might be boyish.

uhmm… i really think that brad is content with angelina…they are lookin very happy and satisfied with each other,arent they?..nuh…hes not after jennifer anymore…wanna bet?