Short Boy List..opinions please

We have two daughters [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]. I am pregnant with a boy. My husband and I both like [name]Samuel[/name] but not sure that it’s the one. I also like [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Clayton[/name], and could probably convince him of either. Which do you like best? Our LN is 2 syllables and ends in a T.

I love [name]Levi[/name]. Its a gorgeous name, strong & masculine with a great meaning, also short & snappy.
I find [name]Samuel[/name] a bit plain but it is a nice enough name, [name]Clayton[/name] is my least fav.
There are some other real cool bible names that I’m sure you’ve already thought of but my favs of those are: [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Ezekiel[/name] & [name]Zachariah[/name].
Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] all your names! It’s a close call, but I think [name]Samuel[/name] actually is my favorite of your short list. I just love the sound and feel of this name. On the other hand, it is the plainest, especially with the likely nn [name]Sam[/name] which makes it sound more like an every-guy’s name than your other choices which are a bit more unexpected (isn’t it funny how [name]Sam[/name] sounds so common and run of the mill, while you rarely hear the full name [name]Samuel[/name] and when you do it sounds so much more distinctive and impressive?). Have you considered [name]Solomon[/name]? It seems to incorporate all of the elements of the other names you like, but it stands out a bit more in my mind. And I [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Sol[/name] (much more interesting than [name]Sam[/name]).

I really love the name [name]Levi[/name], [name]Samuel[/name] is okay. [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Clayton[/name] at all.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Levi[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]?

I love [name]Samuel[/name], and I also really love [name]Kye[/name]'s suggestion of combining two of your favorites to reach [name]Levi[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]. ([name]Edit[/name]: I forgot that you have an [name]Eva[/name]! [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Eva[/name], to me, are too similar.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree [name]LEVI[/name] [name]SAMUEL[/name] is great together if you really want to keep [name]SAMUEL[/name].
my first pick is [name]LEVI[/name] and second is [name]SAMUEL[/name] but for [name]Clayton[/name] Havent really ever been Fond of that name.

[name]Love[/name] your girls’ names, and I adore the names [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name]. [name]Levi[/name] [name]Samuel[/name], as others posters suggested, does sound great. You can’t go wrong, really!

I love [name]Levi[/name] but I think I decided against it due to the similarity with [name]Eva[/name]. They both have a distinctive V sound. I decided against [name]Clayton[/name] because my husband doesn’t like it too much. I’ve also been considering [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Adam[/name]. That leaves [name]Adam[/name], [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name]. Not as much flair as I’d like. But names like like [name]Ezra[/name] have a bit too much flair for my husband.

levi

[name]How[/name] about [name]Aaron[/name] or [name]Caleb[/name]? (or my son’s form of [name]Aaron[/name]…[name]Arran[/name], like the scottish island!)

If I ever have a third boy, hed be named [name]Caleb[/name]! :slight_smile:

I totally forgot that you have an [name]Eva[/name], and I agree that [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Levi[/name] are too similar. I don’t see why [name]Aaron[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] couldn’t work for you, though.

Some more you may like:

[name]Amelia[/name], [name]Eva[/name], and:

[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

[name]Levi[/name]'s my fave, but I think [name]Samuel[/name] works too.

Thanks for the replies. [name]Caleb[/name] is pretty poular here. I am into the nn [name]Nate[/name], so [name]Nathaniel[/name] works for me.

First of all I love your daughter’s names, esp [name]Amelia[/name] which is my daughter’s mn. Of the boy names, I think if you like [name]Luke[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] sounds better. [name]Nate[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name] is very cute, but [name]Adam[/name] is too plain and common for my tastes.

I love [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Eva[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Nathaniel[/name] works GREAT with the girls names!