Short forms for Bethany: Beth or Annie?

Hi there! I was wondering if I could get a bit of feedback. Which short form for [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] is better, [name_f]Beth[/name_f] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f]? I’ve always thought of [name_f]Beth[/name_f] as the only short form for [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] but recently it was pointed out to me that [name_f]Annie[/name_f] could work too and I must admit, it’s kind of growing on me. Any thoughts? Thank you!

I think that most people would see the connection to [name_f]Beth[/name_f] first, but I do like [name_f]Annie[/name_f] as well.

I think [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is adorable!

1 Like

Beth is the obvious choice but I don’t think [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is too far of a stretch and could work well. Both are very cute!

Both names are beautiful! [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is adorable and [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is powerful. I think my favorite is [name_f]Annie[/name_f], but at the same time, I prefer [name_f]Beth[/name_f] on its own and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] as a nickname.

Thank you so much for all the feedback everyone! It’s very helpful! (I hope you all have a great day!)

2 Likes

Beth all the way!

Beth sounds a little old fashioned, but [name_f]Annie[/name_f] sounds perky and cute! I also like the name [name_u]Bell[/name_u] for a short name, and the nickname [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] would be a sweet childhood nickname.

I think the most natural nickname for [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] is [name_f]Beth[/name_f], but [name_f]Annie[/name_f] could definitely work. I’ve also heard [name_f]Betty[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] before.

It would be so sweet to meet a little [name_f]Beth[/name_f], which I feel is more natural for [name_f]Bethany[/name_f], but I do love [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

I agree with the others that [name_f]Beth[/name_f] seems the most natural but [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is believable!

Beth seems more natural, [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is also cute.

I prefer [name_f]Beth[/name_f].