Short list for baby girl due in December. WDYT?

My husband and I are expecting a daughter (our first child) in late [name]December[/name] and we haven’t been able to settle on a name yet. So far, we’ve narrowed it down to the names listed below. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - I really love [name]Temperance[/name] but I’m worried that it might be a little too “out there”. Also, it’s very long and there aren’t any good nicknames for it (I’m not a fan of Tempe). [name]Claire[/name] is a family name and since this is our first (and possibly only) daughter, I’m leaning heavily towards using it in the middle.

[name]Catherine[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t have a set middle name for this one yet. I love that [name]Catherine[/name] is classic, strong, beautiful and has lots of nickname choices. The only drawback is that since it’s so traditional, I would want to use a more unusual middle name, so I wouldn’t be able to use [name]Claire[/name] in the middle.

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - [name]One[/name] of my husband’s favorites. I like it, but I don’t love it as much as he does. Also, it’s hard for me to think of a baby that’s constantly kicking me as “serene”. LOL.

[name]Keira[/name] [name]Celine[/name] - Another favorite of my husband’s. I love the combo, just not sure if I want to use it on our first daughter (again, can’t use [name]Claire[/name] in the middle).

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - I like [name]Juliet[/name], I just don’t feel that this combo has the best flow. Considered using [name]Julietta[/name] [name]Claire[/name] instead, but my husband vetoed [name]Julietta[/name].

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - Recently it occurred to me that instead of using [name]Claire[/name] in the middle, I could use [name]Clara[/name] upfront instead. I really like the flow of this one and I like The Nutcracker connection since the baby will be born around [name]Christmas[/name] time.

Personally I like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] the best. It’s very pretty. Congratulations on having a little girl.

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Temperance[/name] [name]Claire[/name] are my favourites, I also love [name]Catherine[/name]. I’m clueless as to what might be suited as a middle name though. I always liked [name]Tansy[/name] for [name]Constance[/name], but it’s not more far-fetched for [name]Temperance[/name] :slight_smile:

To me, [name]Temperance[/name] doesn’t feel any longer than, say, [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Christina[/name]. I think it’s really lovely, especially with [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Catherine[/name] is great as well. Any nn ideas? I love [name]Cate[/name], but it’s not very creative, haha :slight_smile: Have you thought about 2 middle names? Then you could use [name]Claire[/name] as well as an unusual name ([name]Catherine[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Claire[/name] for example).

[name]Serena[/name] and [name]Keira[/name] are both pretty, but I think [name]Temperance[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] are both more solid. And if you really want [name]Claire[/name] in the middle, then I think you should stick to that.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is a bit choppy. Again, the 2 middle name idea could work if you’re open to it. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is very pretty :slight_smile:

My top pick is definitely [name]Temperance[/name]. I love Tempe, but if you don’t what about [name]Rennie[/name] (bit of a stretch), [name]Annie[/name], or [name]Emmie[/name]?

Good luck!

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Claire[/name] by a mile! [name]Serena[/name] is one of my all time favorite names. I also love [name]Claire[/name], and it makes a great middle name. My second choice would be [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Least favorite is [name]Temperance[/name]. I feel like it doesn’t fit with the other names.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clare[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] are my favorites. [name]Serena[/name] is also pretty.

Ohhhh [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. Everything about it is just pure beauty. i love the [name]Christmas[/name] connection too.

Another vote for [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]! [name]Lovely[/name] choice with a great story to tell your daughter.

[name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Serena[/name] would be my choices for runner-up options. [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is quite a lovely alliterative name :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - one of my favorite combos!!

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is my favorite. It’s feminine, classy, cute, and timeless.

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] are my favorites from your list! You could also go with [name]Clara[/name] [name]Temperance[/name] if you aren’t sure about using [name]Temperance[/name] as a fn. I like the suggestions of [name]Ren[/name], [name]Annie[/name], etc. for nns though.

I like [name]Clara[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I personally don’t like [name]Temperance[/name]! And I am not a fan of any [name]Catherine[/name] versions; though it is better than [name]Temperance[/name] //sorry.

I’m biased, but [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is my favorite. :] Classic, beautiful,timeless, and uncommon. It’s [name]Christmas[/name] without being as obvious as [name]Holly[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. I love it!

I am totally in love with [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]! And I adore the [name]Christmas[/name] connection! I liked your other combos too but this one just stood out to me and, from what you’ve shared, feels “right”. Congratulations!

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is pure gorgeousness!