Shorter list

Post deleted.

I’m going to stop editing what I wrote because I messed up the votes- sorry!

I wouldn’t necessarily consider [name_f]Clara[/name_f] used up if you use it for a middle! I think you can totally have a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or whatever!

1 Like

I think you should go ahead and use your two favorites. I personally think if you have another girl, you’ll find other names you love. Tastes can change and evolve and grow, and no matter what you pick, that will be your daughter’s name so you’ll fall in love.

1 Like

Sylvie [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is pretty, and I agree you should use your favourite.

1 Like

Sylvie [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is so wonderful

1 Like

I’ve chosen [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but I like the idea of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] then you get to use the honour name but not leave [name_f]Clara[/name_f] behind in case you don’t have any more daughters.

1 Like

Thank you all for your ideas :blush:

@tori101 I love the idea of using all 3. :two_hearts: I’m trying to decide if I like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] first or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] first. At one time I had [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] but someone reminded me there’s a cow on Disney with the name [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] :pensive:

So I guess there’s [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f], or maybe even [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u].

These are all strong and beautiful options. There can be so many competing factors when choosing a name, it can be challenging to prioritise some things over others. I think honour names can be really special as long as both parents are in agreement and the meaning and enjoyment you get from using the name outweighs any downsides.

Honour or not, I like to know that the child has a pleasing name story so even if they don’t love their name as much as I do, they will appreciate the meaning behind it.

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is part of my maiden name, I would love to use it. :blush: [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is one of my great great grandma’s names and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a name I’ve loved ever since I was a child.

1 Like