Shortlist of names

[name]Hi[/name] there,

I posted a little while ago with a shortlist of names. Here is the new, smaller shortlist. Would love to hear your thoughts. Other children are [name]Tomas[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My little girl is due in 4 weeks, and feeling the pressure to sort this out.

1. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
  2. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
  3. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name].

Also, what do you say - I pronounce ‘[name]Therese[/name]’ as ‘Ter-eez’. Some say ‘Ter-ayz’. What do you say?

[name]TIA[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] there,

I posted a little while ago with a shortlist of names. Here is the new, smaller shortlist. Would love to hear your thoughts. Other children are [name]Tomas[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My little girl is due in 4 weeks, and feeling the pressure to sort this out.

2. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
  3. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name]. I love all three. But [name]Minnie[/name] is related to [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] in the states which I believe I have seen others say in past threads. [name]Even[/name] if you are elsewhere like the UK it’s not the best connotation.

Also, what do you say - I pronounce ‘[name]Therese[/name]’ as ‘Ter-eez’. Some say ‘Ter-ayz’. What do you say?

I also think pronunciation has to do with where you live, but I don’t think it would be a huge problem for people to pick up on the right pronunciation, either sound fine.

I love both [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] with [name]Therese[/name]. With your kids names you could go either way. [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] seems a bit uber hip right now but in a good way. a lot of my favorite names could be labled hipster but it’s lovely. as sisters lends both a sweet vintage feel and nice with classic [name]Tomas[/name].

With [name]Penelope[/name], it would have super nickname potential and make [name]Minnie[/name] seem more casual since it is her full name. Of those nicknames I love [name]Nell[/name].

I would go with [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name] in first place followed by [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name].

[name]TIA[/name]
Best wishes!

Hey thanks for your reply. Not fussed with the minnie pearl association. We live in Australia and no one knows of her here. Like your thoughts on the other names too!!

If you have a [name]Penny[/name] and a [name]Minnie[/name] it may sound a bit matchy.

I love [name]Pearl[/name] such a gentle name, suited for a soft, sweet person.

The part of [name]Hazel[/name] that I like is the ‘[name]Elle[/name]’ part but I don’t like the [name]Haze[/name] part and the only [name]Hazel[/name] I knew was kind of in a haze, no get up and go.

[name]Minnie[/name] is a very switched on positive sounding name.

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Therese[/name] has the same kind of vibe as [name]Minnie[/name] so that would be my choice.

I like the sibset of [name]Minnie[/name], [name]Tom[/name] and [name]Stella[/name].

1. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name] – It goes nicely with the sibset but I’ve always found the sound to be a bit harsh.

2. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name] – This is beautiful and unexpected and fits well in the set.

3. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name] – I adore this. The whole combo flows beautifully and is very elegant. [name]Penelope[/name] is the most versatile of the three names with the potential for greats nics ([name]Penny[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Nell[/name] etc)

I prn [name]Therese[/name] ‘teh-rayz’ but ‘teh-rees’ works just as well.

What about [name]Clover[/name] [name]Therese[/name]? I like it but my husband thinks it is too unconventional.

[name]Just[/name] a thought what about [name]Risa[/name] (shortened version on teresa)? I have a friend teresa and we always called her [name]Risa[/name] which also mean laughter in spanish.

All the name combos are wonderful. The only down side i see with [name]Penelope[/name] is that if its shorted to [name]Penny[/name] the it doesn’t sound so good with [name]Minnie[/name]. [name]Hazel[/name] is probably the most popular out of the set but i do love it. [name]Pearl[/name] is so super cute. My daughter has a 2yr old friend named [name]Pearl[/name] and its so sweet on her. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clover[/name] and wanted to use it as a middle name until I found out I was having a boy.

If u get a chance can u comment on my post under boys named “brother for [name]Lila[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]”? I like your naming style and could use your input.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Clover[/name] with your other kids’ names.
[name]Therese[/name] is a cute nn!
[name]Love[/name] [name]Tereza[/name], too. It is a fave in [name]Brazil[/name]. But I only love it with [name]Clover[/name], not [name]Hazel[/name] or [name]Stella[/name]. Let’s see:
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name] - very cute!
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Therese[/name] - love this, too.
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Tereza[/name] - yeah, with [name]Clover[/name], I prefer [name]Tereza[/name]. So soft with the “er” sound at the end of [name]Clover[/name].

I say it “ter-eez” and I vote for [name]Hazel[/name]. I’d name my second daughter that if my fiance would give in! I also love [name]Penelope[/name].

I love both [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]!

2. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name].
    I pronounce [name]Therese[/name] as you do.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name] definitely gets my vote! :slight_smile:

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name] is my fav, with [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Therese[/name] as #2.

I am torn between [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are beautiful and sound incredible with [name]Therese[/name], which I pronounce the same as you :slight_smile:

With [name]Minnie[/name], I love [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name], but I love [name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name]) and [name]Clover[/name], too. :slight_smile: (I think [name]Pearl[/name] is very pretty, too, but I personally can’t get away from the [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] issue.)

If I can only vote for one, I’ll go with [name]Penelope[/name], which I think matches [name]Minnie[/name]'s perky feel and vibrancy. (I love the others, but they don’t feel as happy to me with [name]Minnie[/name].)

Good luck! :slight_smile: