Shortlist!

So we’re about 6 weeks out from finding out the sex, but I’m still brainstorming possible names like crazy! This is what we have so far. Suggestions welcome!

1.) [name]Linus[/name]- Has long been one of my absolute favorite boy names. My main concern is if it sounds “grown up” enough- I want my baby to have a strong name to grow in to. Also, middle name suggestions?
2.) [name]Malcolm[/name]- This is a new favorite of DH and I. I like that it’s a classic name with a timeless feel, and I like both [name]Mal[/name] and [name]Mac[/name] for nicknames.
3.) [name]Cedric[/name]- Another strong, classic name that is recognizable but not often heard. I don’t really like [name]Ced[/name] as a nickname though, and I am completely lost on middle names! Also, is it too similar to our nephew [name]Seth[/name]?
4.) [name]Cormac[/name]- [name]Love[/name] the mythological history & the Scottish roots. Also, love [name]Mac[/name] as a nn. Hubby isn’t as sold on this name as I am though.
5.) [name]Dexter[/name]- My husband’s favorite. I like it, but I fear it’s gaining too much in popularity, and I don’t necessarily love the serial killer connection, although that will pass quickly enough.

Middle name options: [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name], open to suggestions. Our last name is [name]Buchanan[/name].

1.) [name]Linus[/name] - It’s absolutely a grownup name. Think of [name]Linus[/name] Larabee in [name]Sabrina[/name]. I love it!
2.) [name]Malcolm[/name]- I like it, and I love the [name]Mal[/name] nn.
3.) [name]Cedric[/name]- I’m not wild about this name. It’s certainly a nice, romantic name, but I like some of your other better.
4.) [name]Cormac[/name]- I like it.
5.) [name]Dexter[/name]- I like it, but I do think it’s going to become pretty popular.

I absolutely love [name]Linus[/name]! I would love to meet a little boy with this name, and I think it definitely grows up well. I think I remember you having [name]Linus[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] in your signature at one point–I absolutely loved that, and still do. I used to know someone on another name forum who had a little boy named [name]Linus[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name], too, which I think is almost equally fabulous. :slight_smile:

The others aren’t really my thing, but I do like [name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Cormac[/name] quite a bit, probably in that order.

Good luck!

[name]Dex[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] is grrrreat!

I put together some combos that I think flow well, using some of your favorite names for middles:
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Amias[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Josiah[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Leo[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]Tobiah[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]

[name]Linus[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Linus[/name] [name]Theo[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Linus[/name] [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]
[name]Linus[/name] [name]Frederic[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]

I like [name]Malcolm[/name] and [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Atticus[/name] and of course [name]Leopold[/name] more mn.

[name]Favorite[/name] combos:

[name]Malcolm[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]

I happen to like this category of names…sort of the old man/nerd names, which I am drawn to. I like [name]Dexter[/name] the best…does everyone really think this names going to become popular? I just don’t see it even breaking into the top 200 since some people have negative associations with it. Maybe I’m wrong, but I hope not because it’s on my list too.

I really like [name]Cedric[/name]. Not too fussed on the others, though. But [name]Malcolm[/name] is okay. And I think [name]Cedric[/name] would sound great with any of the MN options.