Should I change her name?? HELP!!

[name]Do[/name] it! You will regret it otherwise, this is your decision, not your family’s. Go with: Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] Coryne and do it quickly, no one will remember in six months.

I agree! Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] Coryne seems to flow the best of your options. If you are leaning towards this one, go for it. At the end of the day, it’s your baby, so name her what you want to.

Change it and do it quickly. [name]Don[/name]'t worry about what other people say. This is up to you and it is also important to her father and it seems that maters to you as well (as it should). You should love your baby’s name and you don’t love [name]Monroe[/name] (nor do I, but that does not matter at all).
Best of wishes to you! you have enough to worry about right now without this name mess. be decisive and don’t look back.

I’m in the middle of a potential name change issue myself, so I was drawn to your question. If you feel like Madelaina is this baby’s name, use it! If you don’t want her to be called [name]Maddy[/name], insist that people call her Madelaina–most people will oblige. If you prefer that she be called Madelaina over [name]Monroe[/name], tell your family, and call her that yourself–surely they will realize it’s silly for them to use one name when her mother prefers another. I would say that some people using one name and some people using another is just fine, but you say that you cringe when you share her name, which tells me that no one should be using it for this little girl. I think Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] [name]Coryn[/name] would be a great name if you’d still like to honor your grandmother. If I were in your place, I probably wouldn’t want to use [name]Monroe[/name] for a future child, as that would bring up negative memories concerning the first child’s name. If you still like [name]Monroe[/name], you might be able to incorporate it in nicknames or pet names, for instance: Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name], [name]Maddy[/name] [name]Roe[/name], [name]Maddy[/name] [name]Monroe[/name], etc.

I agree. Change her name to Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] Coryne. Especially if she doesn’t seem like a [name]Monroe[/name].
Side note: You/your family could call her M&M as a nickname if you/they wanted.

I’d go with Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] Coryne.

It’s not uncommon for kids to be called different names by different family members. [name]Just[/name] let the fam continue calling her [name]Monroe[/name]/[name]Roe[/name], Dad can call her Madelaina/[name]Maddy[/name], and you call her whatever you want.

I would not use [name]Monroe[/name] on another child because it already belongs to this one. I wouldn’t like to find out that my name wasn’t good enough for my big sis so I got it instead

Ouch… I would change her name to, Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] Coryne if I were you. Good luck and sorry about the craziness with your family, etc.

Yes, change it.

Being called different names by different people is not a problem for kids. That’s fine.

Ditto everyone else above–they all said it very well!

I’m with everyone else. Change it and now. It’s the best time while she’s still so new. I’m indifferent about whether or not you use [name]Monroe[/name]. If you want to save it for a future daughter, then why not? But I do really like Madelaina and if its what you love, then everyone else be damned! Congratulations on your precious baby girl and I hope you resolve this quickly so you can enjoy all of your time with her :slight_smile:

I would change the name. You could use something instead of [name]Maddy[/name] as a nn also, [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Lynn[/name] are what came to mind.

Whatever you do, do it quickly. If you decide to stick with her current name, make up your mind and stick to it and try to make yourself and baby’s father feel better about her actual name. If you change it, do it now and people will eventually change and call her by her new name. Sooner the better. Good luck!

Yes, I would change it. I would put more concern on the father’s opinion than the rest of your family. They shouldn’t have pressured you into changing your mind at the time of the baby’s birth without the father’s knowledge. [name]Just[/name] do it quickly and it won’t be a big deal. I think you will be happy you did.

Go with Madeleina [name]Monroe[/name] [name]Coryn[/name]! I think it is a great combo. [name]Even[/name] if you use [name]Monroe[/name] as this baby girl’s middle name, you could still use it as a first name in the future you know. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I say change it, use two middle names, I can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said! I’ve known people that get called different things by different people, ifsome call her [name]Monroe[/name] it won’t be any different than if a set of grandparents had a special nn (my grandpa called me Maytag, everyone knew who he meant lol)

And if you don’t want her to go by [name]Maddy[/name] you could encourage ppl that had to call her by a nn (some ppl can’t help it lol) to use ‘[name]Lanie[/name]’ or ‘[name]Laina[/name]’ instead!

Madelaina [name]Monroe[/name] Coryne sounds gorgeous <3 I understand how being pressured into a name would affect how you see the name. She’s YOUR daughter, YOU love the name Madelaina, and that’s all that should matter.

She doesn’t have to be a Maddy … she could be a Laine or Lainey … or with a middle name Monroe, she could be M&M :slight_smile: I’m just kidding, no one would call her that unless she wanted to be called that.

Thank you for all of the replies!! I told my family that I wanted to change her name, and they did not react well. They said that i would regret it, and that I was acting like a 2 year old. :frowning:
Also, they said that no one ever changes the name of their baby. [name]Do[/name] any of you know someone who changed the name of their baby or child??

They shouldn’t say that to you, I’m sure you were under pressure when you named her, you’re not acting like a 2 year old! They can’t stop you from changing it, I don’t know anyone that has personally, but I’ve read plenty of accounts of people doing it.

Changing names is pretty common. This is your child. You should love her name. If you don’t love [name]Maddy[/name], what about [name]Lainey[/name] or [name]Laine[/name]?