Should I just relent?

For what it is worth, I would not think [name]Van[/name] was a Vietnamese name. It sounds Anglo [name]Saxon[/name] to me or Nordic to me.

And no that does not mean all your kids should have Vietnamese last names if that’s not what you want. But I would make that clear with your husband now as a condition to “giving” him the [name]Van[/name].

I would tell him you know how much it means to him and because of this you understand and will do this. But that means you get more say in future names as a compromise.

Thanks for the replies. I think for girls we really like hermione and emmeline.

But someone recently said the ending of emmeline is too close to the ending of nguyen.
I’ve already had to cut out some of my favorite names for this reason (like [name]Imogen[/name]). Should I
cut out all -ine names too? :frowning: Does [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name] clash?

Also mini update: I think we may go with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Marylee[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name]. When said all together it doesn’t sound half bad in my opinion and I really want to honor my grandmother which is what really matters :slight_smile:

Sorry for any typos and lower case letters- I’m on my phone and it’s not cooperating.

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Van[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name] is a great choice for a boy. [name]How[/name] about [name]Mary[/name] [name]Eugenia[/name] or [name]Eugenia[/name] [name]Lee[/name] for a middle name to honour both relatives you love. Have you finally decided on a girls irst name yet: [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Calista[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Helena[/name]…???