Should I try to change hubbies mind?

Hey we have about 6 weeks left till bubbies due.

A little while ago we settled on the name [name]Cleo[/name] for a girl, [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Grace is my middle name and one of my deceased grandmas middle names.

When we where chosing baby names we both loved [name]Alice[/name], probably our number 1 choice, but when we told people they all said its too close to hubbies sisters name [name]Analise[/name], and started making jokes about ’ Alice in wonderland and down the rabbit hole ’ so we ended up scratching it :frowning:

Recently I have a relove for this name though, its what I originally wanted, first name i liked. Hubby said we can use it for daughter number 2 if I still like it by the time we try to conceive again…but there is no gareentee it will be a girl!

I have been considering [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Alice[/name], instead of [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. I know if I really, really want it hubby will be okay with it. But he has been thinking of our ‘little pudding’ as [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Grace[/name] for ages now.

We havn’t run Cleo Grace by anyone, so only my mum and us know.

I’m just unsure and can not decide, I would love your opinions!

Thanks berries!
X

[name]Both[/name] names are pretty, but [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Alice[/name] really stands out to me. It has a certain appeal for me that [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Grace[/name] lacks- maybe it’s because I feel like every other girl has that as a middle name. However, [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Grace[/name] has family meaning for you which bumps it up.
I really like [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Alice[/name], and I think that [name]Grace[/name] could be saved for another girl.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

I think both work well, and if you really like [name]Alice[/name], roll with it.

In general, I’ve read a number of advice columnists who said you simply should not reveal the name to anyone until the baby is born. That way, you avoid a lot of negative opinions. You always have these boards if you want to know whether a name sounds okay.

Tell him how you feel about the name [name]Alice[/name]. If using [name]Alice[/name] as a middle name is important to you, I think he would want to know how important it is to you.

But that hasn’t helped at all! [name]Grace[/name] is the family name, I feel I should use and [name]Alice[/name] just sounds so pretty!!! So much better then grace, but then by wants to name the baby after me, see I go around in circles!

Personal opinions aside, I think if you love the name this much then keep it in case of another baby!
[name]Grace[/name] has the family connection, and that’s wonderful in a middle name. I don’t think you can ever regret honouring family, whereas you might just regret using the name [name]Alice[/name] in the middle if you ever have another daughter.

All the best, whatever you decide- [name]Cleo[/name] is a beautiful name