should i use 2 middle names like i did w/ my son?

when my son was born we already had his name picked out…[name]Alexander[/name] Ikaika…but at the last minute i started to feel guilty about only following my familys tradition w/a hawaiian mn and not my husbands tradition which is to pass down the fathers first name as the child’s mn, so i threw in my hubbys tradition too ( my husband didnt mind whether i did or not)…and my son became [name]Alexander[/name] Ikaika [name]Jose[/name] plus our surname which is 3 syllables (a mouthful isnt it!) we got a lot of flack for giving him such a long name, so i thought i’d never do that again…but i dont want my son to feel like an oddball

so my question is should i give my baby girl due in feb. 2 middle names so she matches my son? my husbands family doesnt have a tradition for female middle names, it would only be to match my son. what do you think? i dont have the first mn decided yet, im thinking about a couple…if i do use a second mn should i use a spanish name to honor my hubby’s side or name her after a family member like my mom?

thank u in advance for reading this long post and for all your help!

possible combos…

[name]Violet[/name] Kanani [name]Paz[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] Kanani [name]Tammy[/name] <my moms fn
[name]Violet[/name] Mahealani [name]Paz[/name]
or just…
[name]Violet[/name] Kanani/[name]Violet[/name] Mahealani

I think you should go with whatever you think is best, but my opinion on the subject is to have a nn ready for your son. . . . Some options on the idea of naming your daughter with two middle names:

([name]Love[/name] it!) [name]Violet[/name] [name]Tammy[/name] Kanani. . . .
[name]Tammy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. . . ?
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Paz[/name] Mahealani (I really like this one!)
Ok, er, this is a longshot, but what about this:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Kahlo[/name] [name]Paz[/name]?
Or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Paz[/name] [name]Kahlo[/name]. . . .
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Tammy[/name] [name]Kahlo[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Kahlo[/name] Mehealani. . . .

I don’t know. Technically, it’s your final decision. . . .

Good luck! :slight_smile: !!

I would definitely use a double middle name for your daughter. I think it beautifully integrates the tradition of both your families and think your kids will appreciate it as adults. I really like [name]Violet[/name] Kanani [name]Tammy[/name]. Very nice! :slight_smile: Good lucK!

I think that you should definitely give your daughter two middle names - I wouldn’t worry about it being a mouthful, because you hardly ever say the middle names. Most of the people I know, including myself and all of my relations, have two middle names (it’s very common here in [name]England[/name]) and it has never posed a problem.