Should I????

I have this probably way future dilemma but I would like to know all of your opinions of it. I fell in love with the name [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] while watching a movie and it is my number 2 favorite girl name ever! I love it. The problem is, I have a brother named [name_m]Frank[/name_m] but everyone in our family calls him [name_m]Franio[/name_m] or Franek (we are Polish). I was wondering should I give the name [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] for my daughter in the future of should I refrain because of my brother? Or maybe should I treat it as giving the name in honor of my brother?
P.S. I don’t like nn so I would always call her the full [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and never [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_u]Fran[/name_u].
So berries I need your help and opinions.
P.S.Also while I’m asking any middle name suggestions for Francesca. I like modern and spunky names(I also love French names)

I think it’s a great honour name - a way to honour your brother. I would probably save it for the middle place though. I really love [name_f]Willa[/name_f], but my brother is [name_m]William[/name_m], so for me, I could never use [name_f]Willa[/name_f] except as a way to honour him (and I would only honour him in the middle place because I believe everyone should have their own FN.).

I think it’s a lovely name, but even if you don’t mean to honor your brother people may assume that is what you intended to do. So unless there is a reason you wouldn’t want to honor him I think it would be fine as a first or middle name.

Thanks for your opinion and I honestly would be very happy to honor my brother(he’s the cutest and sweetest 4 year old boy alive)

I love it as a way to honor a sibling. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is such a gorgeous name.

Thanks, I think it is the most gorgeous girl name!

Does anyone else have an opinion or mn for [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] Avrielle. What do you all think about that?

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is beautiful! I wish I could use it, but it is too close to the name of a former family member and she was not the greatest person ever. Anyway, I think you could still use it. It sounds like your brother is way younger than you, but it might make him feel special if you used it one day. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] Avrielle is really pretty! I’ve never heard Avrielle before, but I love [name_m]French[/name_m] names, so I like it a lot.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Brigitte[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

Out of your list I like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] the most. Any other suggestions or opinions?

I love it!

I think it’s a great name and not a problem for a first or middle in your situation. I’d think of it as an honor to him. Which if you have a great bond is really a special thing to do.

I do have a great bond between me and my brother [name_m]Frank[/name_m].We have literally identical faces that look that my dad.