Should our baby girl be Tessa or Clio?

The hubs and I go back and forth between [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Clio[/name].Which one do you like the most? Or hate the least? Please help!Big brothers are [name]Leo[/name] (which might sound too close to [name]Clio[/name]) and [name]Jude[/name].

Thanks in advance!

With a brother named [name]Leo[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] your sons names!), I think that [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name] is definitely too close. [name]Clio[/name], in sound, is [name]Leo[/name] with a C in front. (I think it’s a great name, though!) :slight_smile:

I’m giving my vote to [name]Tessa[/name]. (I can also really see the classic [name]Tess[/name] with your sons’ names.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Both[/name] are beautiful names but [name]Clio[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are definitely too similar. Go with [name]Tessa[/name]!

I like clio more than tessa but it sounds [name]WAy[/name] too close to leo.

While I love and adore the name [name]Clio[/name], it’s much too similar to [name]Leo[/name] (which is a wonderful name, by the way). So my vote goes for [name]Tessa[/name].
[name]Tessa[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Jude[/name]. Those names sound wonderful together :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

I agree!

Thank you so much! You’re right, [name]Clio[/name] is out. Not to complicate things but what do you think about [name]Cora[/name]? seems like the hubs really wants a “C” in the family.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cora[/name]! :slight_smile: It feels warm and elegant to me. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] are my favorite [name]Cora[/name] combos. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Cora[/name] doesn’t do a thing for me. I find it rather boring.

I do however love [name]Cara[/name].

I also vote for [name]Tessa[/name].

Ditto:)

I agree![/quote]

[name]Clio[/name] is also pronounced Clye-Oh. [name]Long[/name] I. Not that many people would recognize it and say it other than Clee-oh, which is also correct.

Besides being the muse of history, [name]Clio[/name] is the major awards event for television commercials (like [name]Emmy[/name] for TV, [name]Tony[/name] for Theatre, and [name]Oscar[/name] for Film genres, not that that’s been a burn against those names).

[name]Clio[/name]
muse of history, from L. [name]Clio[/name], from Gk. Kleio “the proclaimer,” from kleiein “to tell of, celebrate, make famous,” from kleos “fame, glory,” from PIE *klew-yo, from base *kleu- “to hear” (see listen). Related to the -kles in Damocles, etc.

I know the name has been crossed off the list, but we’re unlikely to see it again very soon - so added some FYI. :slight_smile:

I also think [name]Clio[/name] is too similar to [name]Leo[/name], even if you and everyone pronounced it Clye-oh, which they probably wouldn’t.

I like [name]Tessa[/name] a lot. I also like [name]Tess[/name]. I don’t have any information about it, except I like it, and a good choice opposite [name]Clio[/name], which is also good if it didn’t rhyme with your son [name]Leo[/name].

Between [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] I don’t know what to tell you…I love them [name]BOTH[/name]! You really can’t go wrong… [name]Cora[/name] may grow with her more…sometimes [name]Tessa[/name] feels a bit young to me. But nothing to worry about because its not OVERLY girlie.

oh dear…I didn’t help at all…

I guess I should have read on - I would have liked [name]Clio[/name] best if there wasn’t a [name]Leo[/name] - and adding [name]Clio[/name] to my list. [name]Cora[/name] is a different sort of name than [name]Clio[/name], to me, and not my taste at all, so I have to say I prefer [name]Tessa[/name] here. [name]Cora[/name] is not a terrible name, so it’s probably ok, and I can see if you do like both, it would be tougher. :slight_smile: I just like [name]Tessa[/name], so that’s what I’m going to say is better.

I think [name]Clio[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are too close. Maybe [name]Clotilde[/name] instead?

[name]Tessa[/name] is cute.