Shyah for a girl? Need honest opinions!!

We love the pronunciation of this name, but can’t seem to find the right spelling, or if this name is just a stretch altogether!!

So what do you all think of Shyah for a girl? It’s pronounced “Shy-uh.” The boy’s name version is spelling [name_u]Shia[/name_u].

Honest opinions are so helpful! Thanks!!

Honestly, I’m not a fan of it. The spelling looks really made up and she’d have her name misspelled all the time. If I had to pick a spelling I’d just go for [name_f]Sia[/name_f], you’d get people saying it as see-ah but at least it looks clean. Though to be honest I don’t love the name’s sound either. Sounds very 90’s to me for some reason.
What about [name_u]Shae[/name_u] (pronounced shay)? Or [name_f]Selah[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]/Soshannah/[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] with the nickname Shyah?

I like [name_u]Shia[/name_u] better, it’s a unisex name and spelling.
[name_f]Cheya[/name_f] is allegedly another way to spell it.

I like the sounds but prefer [name_u]Shia[/name_u] or [name_f]Shyanne[/name_f]. Shyah looks really incomplete to me, like something is missing and I can’t figure out what it is.

This spelling looks very strange. I think [name_u]Shia[/name_u] or [name_f]Cheya[/name_f] is more appealing.

I totally agree - like something is missing. I really love [name_f]Shyanne[/name_f], actually. Maybe [name_f]Shyanne[/name_f], and we call her Shy or Shya for a nickname. I’ll have to mention this one to the hubs :slight_smile:

I prefer the original spelling, and it is a unisex name not strictly a boy’s name so I see no reason not to use it, but I also don’t see anything wrong with Shyah. It doesn’t look incomplete or too strange to me like the pps have said, and I actually find it quite beautiful!

Although, overall, I much prefer the name [name_f]Shyla[/name_f] for a girl. It’s got all the sounds of [name_u]Shia[/name_u] (and is similar to your spelling too), but it has this spunky vibe to it that I just love!

[name_f]Shyanne[/name_f] is way better. You could always nickname her Shya.

I would spell it [name_u]Shia[/name_u]. Shyah looks unattractive.

I don’t really care for the way Shyah looks. I prefer [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] or [name_f]Shyla[/name_f].

It’s interesting, new and exciting! The sound is lovely.

Oh, [name_f]Shyla[/name_f]!! I like this name too! I will mention it to my husband and see what he thinks.

This is my friend’s name and she spells it “Shiah” (also pronounced “Shy-uh”). It’s a very unique and pretty name. She says people occasionally mispronounce her name as “Shee-uh” but it doesn’t happen often :slight_smile:

Shyah looks made up. I wouldn’t use [name_u]Shia[/name_u] because it’s pronounced shee-ya, as in Muslim [name_u]Shia[/name_u].

I really like it! I don’t like the [name_u]Shia[/name_u] spelling - I think the Y looks much nicer.

I personally prefer the sound of Shylah, I think it looks more finished and rolls of the tongue beautifully.

Me reading everyone hate on my name :slight_smile: “Unattractive”

So many opinions on this!
It’s a lovely sounding name, definitely use it if you love it :slight_smile:
([name_f]My[/name_f] opinion) I would use [name_u]Shia[/name_u] spelling as I just prefer "i"s to "y"s but lots of people would disagree with that.

Hahaha aw @shyahpierce I think people forget people are attached to names. You have a beautiful name!