Sib for Violet?

Okay so I’m not actually pregnant, but I was wondering what you thought would be a good sibset with [name]Violet[/name]. I would appreciate both girls and boys names. For boys I sort of like [name]Wesley[/name] nn [name]Wes[/name] or [name]Wim[/name]. For girls though, I am completely unsure! I sort of like [name]Anna[/name]… but not enough.

Anyways, disregard any of the names I have suggested up there^
because I want to hear your suggestions and ideas! Thanks!

Bounce

[name]Violet[/name] and:

[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Caterina[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]

Bounce,

Didn’t we find you some good names to go with [name]Violet[/name] before? Second-guessing, are we?

Let me take another stab at this, my friend!

[name]Violet[/name] and…

[name]Annora[/name] “[name]Annie[/name]”
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Douglass[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Ulysses[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]William[/name] “[name]Wim[/name]”

Take care, and good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Hehe, maybe… Yeah, I had a whole time of searching, actually not too long ago! I still like some of my favourites, just not as much. I’m sort of changing directions… and yes, second guessing! But thanks so much everyone for your answers! I’m beggining to like the following:
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Cate[/name]
[name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name] “[name]Annie[/name]” I also like the similar [name]Anna[/name] [name]Cate[/name], but I little too plain.
[name]Emmaline[/name] [name]Cate[/name] “[name]Emma[/name]”

[name]William[/name] “[name]Wim[/name]” [name]Kevin[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ralph[/name]

Bounce

PS I know I’m probably being particulary annoying to everyone with all these “[name]Violet[/name] and…” questions!

Bounce,

I think I’m being annoying with all of my threads, too, but people still respond! So, maybe we aren’t as annoying as we think…

What was the middle name you liked with [name]Violet[/name]?

I love [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name]! I really love [name]Annora[/name], though, because it gives you the option of using [name]Anna[/name] or even [name]Annie[/name]! And, [name]Cate[/name] is so soft, sweet, and still strong! [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]June[/name] would be pretty as a pair…

(Oh! I like [name]Emmaline[/name], too! [name]Emmeline[/name] - oh, sorry, [name]Emmaline[/name] - is nice with [name]Cate[/name]. I think I like the sound of [name]Violet[/name] with either [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Annora[/name] more, though.)

Oh my goodness! [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ralph[/name] is such a sweet name! You’ve got a think for three-syllable first names and one-syllable middles, yes? [name]William[/name] “[name]Wim[/name]” is such a cool way to dress up an elegant, handsome classic. I’m not in love with [name]Kevin[/name], though, because it feels so much more ‘modern’ than your other choices. For some reason, [name]William[/name] [name]Royce[/name] sounds cool to me - I have no clue where I got [name]Royce[/name]! [name]William[/name] [name]Paul[/name] is nice, too.

Myself, I love [name]Violet[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ralph[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Paul[/name] together! So classic and elegant and cool!

You have such excellent taste, Bounce! I know you will find some names you love.

[name]Lemon[/name],

Yes, I do agree that [name]Violet[/name] has a better feel with [name]Annora[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] than [name]Emmaline[/name]/[name]Emmeline[/name], though it is still such a darling name! (And of course, one of your favourites!)

For [name]Violet[/name] the middle name is [name]Graciella[/name] after my mom. I don’t exactly have any other family names I’d love to use, so I think [name]Cate[/name] is just pretty, and it is also my favourite spelling too!

[name]Kevin[/name] is after my dad, so it kinda has to stay. [name]Ralph[/name] is also a family name.

I realized that we’re talking in two of my posts - both of which you have given great advice to!

Bounce

Bounce,

Your parents are [name]Kevin[/name] and [name]Graciella[/name]? Cool! Wait, isn’t your mother really [name]Graziella[/name], but you both like the C spelling more? Either way, neat!

Not sure if you wanted to do this, but have you considered using names that mean the same - “grace” and “handsome” - as your parents’ names? You could use [name]Grace[/name] to continue your one-syllable trend. I love [name]Grace[/name]! It is so classic and elegant and it just warms my heart. As for other boy names meaning “handsome,” you could try [name]Beale[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Keefe[/name], or [name]Ken[/name]. [name]Just[/name] an idea! [name]Keefe[/name] is my favorite because it is Irish, like [name]Kevin[/name]…

So, that would mean you could do the sibling set of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ralph[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Keefe[/name]! Aw! I love it! What do you think, Miss Bounce?

PS Thanks for the compliments on my advice! I love hearing what you have to say, too!

PPS I also like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]. [name]Ruth[/name] means “compassionate friend,” and I think that is such a sweet meaning!

[name]Lemon[/name],

Yes, you are correct about [name]Graziella[/name]! See I was considering [name]Grace[/name], though now it has become such a filler name that if I used it people would think I just used it for that reason. That’s why I thought about [name]Graciella[/name], but it is hard to pair with almost any other names! I suppose one reason I am still unsure about [name]Amelia[/name] is because I come from an Italian family, and I am a little tired of the names! Although they are beautiful, I have aunts named [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Dina[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and an uncle named [name]Bruno[/name], and of course a mother named [name]Graziella[/name]. Oh, and of course the traditional nona named [name]Maria[/name]!

Yes, I have often thought about an alternative to [name]Kevin[/name], but I’m not sure which yet…

The other day though I realized that if I used my mom’s name, [name]Grace[/name], and my middle name, [name]Hope[/name], both in the middle spots, it would sort of be like an unintentional theme of virtue names…

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is pretty, though I can’t say I’m a fan of [name]Ruth[/name]. Sorry!

Bounce

PS [name]Don[/name]'t you find it a little weird how we talk about these names like we’re actually giving them to children?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bounce,

Oh, but we ARE going to give them to children one day, or at least that’s the plan, right? Ha! Well, we better find some agreeable men, eh?

More later…

[name]Lemon[/name],

Ha, I dearly hope whoever I marry totally has no opinion on names! Then I could have the full duty of naming them… oh what a joy! But then again, maybe it would be good if he were a fellow namenerd, although it could be like the clash of the titans… only with names! Teehee that was possibly the worst joke every told.

Whatever, talk soon…

Bounce

Bounce,

Hmm. That unintentional virtue name trend isn’t necessarily perfect, but I don’t think it is too overt. [name]Grace[/name], to me, reminds me more of an elegant, sophisticated woman (say, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Princess[/name] [name]Grace[/name] of Monaco), more than an obvious virtue name, like [name]Hope[/name]. Does that make any sense? I guess, to me, [name]Grace[/name] isn’t tired because it is so elegant and luxurious while still maintaining a sense of naive sweetness. [name]Rose[/name], on the other hand, is a bit mundane at this point, but even more so is [name]Anne[/name], for me. So, in that sense, I think that using [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Hope[/name] would be fine, for sure, as both are classic and elegant, and they mean lovely things!

I don’t know about [name]Amelia[/name] if you have an [name]Amalia[/name] in the family. Sounds a tad too close for my liking! Plus, I love the three-syllable connection of [name]Violet[/name], [name]Annora[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name]. [name]Annabel[/name] could work, too, if you are looking for another way (besides [name]Annora[/name]) to get to [name]Anna[/name] as a nickname - or [name]Annie[/name]! If you ultimately decide that you like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Hope[/name] together as middle names, you could use another one-syllable name with a nice meaning, such as:

[name]Belle[/name] - “beauty”
[name]Blythe[/name] - “happy”
[name]Cate[/name] - “pure”
[name]Claire[/name] - “illustrious”
[name]Dove[/name] - “bird of peace” - Perhaps this is too unique!
[name]Faith[/name] - “faith” - If you feel like being obvious…
[name]Faye[/name] - “fairy” OR ‘a version of [name]Faith[/name]’
[name]Gail[/name] - “joy of the father”
[name]Jane[/name] - “God is gracious”
[name]Joy[/name] - “happiness” - Again, if you feel like being obvious…
[name]Love[/name] - “full of love” - [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Hewitt[/name]? Too unique?
[name]Nell[/name] - “light”
[name]Peace[/name] - “tranquility” - Wow!
[name]Ruth[/name] - “friendship”

Okay, so you said [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] have to go together for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], yes? So that leaves us, tentatively, [name]Annora[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name], right? Either could go with [name]Hope[/name] - [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] or [name]Annora[/name] [name]Hope[/name]. Well, I think I like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] better, actually! [name]Purity[/name] is good, so what about [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name]? And, I’m a sucker for [name]Faye[/name], so you might like [name]Annora[/name] [name]Faye[/name], too. Or, you could be rather original and use [name]Annora[/name] [name]Joy[/name], which despite being expected, if rather beautiful if you ask me. So, what do you think?

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name], and [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name], and [name]Annora[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name], and [name]Annora[/name] [name]Joy[/name]

PS For boys, I still love [name]Keefe[/name] for [name]Kevin[/name]! So cool and unexpected! Was that going with [name]William[/name]? [name]William[/name] [name]Keefe[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ralph[/name]? Sweet!

Okay, talk to you more later!

[name]Lemon[/name],

It’s funny because I have the exact same feelings about [name]Grace[/name] and other virtues. To me [name]Grace[/name] does not sound like a virtue, more like just a name. But if it was paired as a sib set of [name]Grace[/name], [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Joy[/name], I would definitely think virtue! This is the same with [name]Violet[/name] for me. On it’s own it doesn’t seem so flower/coloury, but with [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] it is very flowery! From your suggestions, I quite like [name]Love[/name], just because it is a little out of the box. [name]Belle[/name] is another favourite of mine, and to be honest I quite like it as a first name, though it is very incomplete!

I also agree about the [name]Amalia[/name]/[name]Amelia[/name] thing. Quite a lovely name, though I think it should be dropped due to the cercumstances! Out of [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Annora[/name], I prefer [name]Emmeline[/name], because admittedly I love the name [name]Emma[/name], but would never use it in a million years! So maybe this could be a way to get to the nn [name]Emma[/name]. But also, why spoil such a great name with such a common nickname?

From your suggestions, I like the first, of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name], was it? And actually, I seem to like the names themselves in that order.

Hmm, still on sure about [name]Keefe[/name]! Starting to grow on me, though!

Talk soon,

Bounce

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce!

I agree with you. Together, [name]Grace[/name], [name]Hope[/name], and [name]Joy[/name] say virtue names. But, alone, they don’t necessarily scream it! Also, on its own, [name]Violet[/name] sounds like a fresh name with vintage appeal. Pair it with [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name], and we’ve got flowers. Pair it with [name]Ruby[/name], and we’ve got colors.

I also love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name], and [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cate[/name]! So pretty! I also think that [name]Belle[/name] works well with [name]Annora[/name], as in [name]Annora[/name] [name]Belle[/name], or with [name]Violet[/name], as in [name]Violet[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. I don’t think [name]Emma[/name] spoils [name]Emmeline[/name], either, personally, though I might call mine [name]Emme[/name] ([name]Emmy[/name]).

[name]Lemon[/name],

I have recently discovered the origional version of [name]Emmeline[/name], though [name]Emmeline[/name] itself is also the origional version. The name is [name]Emeline[/name], of [name]German[/name] origion meaning industrius. I may like this spelling better, because for some reason, even though it has less letters, it seems more… comlplete. It is very odd. But either way, I am of course still on the search, as I will always be until I find [name]Violet[/name]'s sister name!

Also… while we’re talking, what do you think of [name]Arabella[/name] or just [name]Arabelle[/name]? And one more - [name]Catherine[/name]? See, thing is, I have a cousin named [name]Catherine[/name], so I suppose it is strictly off limits… but I can always have a guilty pleasure or two!

Can’t wait to hear what you have to say,

Bounce

[name]EDIT[/name]: Forgot one thing, what do you think of [name]Noa[/name]? I saw it in a book dedication, and kind of liked it. [name]Noah[/name] used to be my favourite boys name, and I thought it was sort of pretty.

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce!

Hm. [name]How[/name] can both [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Emeline[/name] be the original spelling? I see NB lists them both as spellings, so I suppose you are correct. I prefer the [name]Emmeline[/name] spelling for nickname potential - not to mention pronunciation - but [name]Emeline[/name] looks streamlined and gorgeous!

As for [name]Arabella[/name], I love it! [name]Arabelle[/name] feels like it is missing a syllable to me. I’ve loved [name]Arabella[/name] since I discovered it in Atonement a few years ago - lots of people don’t seem to care for Atonement, but I really loved it! [name]Arabella[/name] makes [name]Violet[/name] seem a tad bit more girly, and I think the two make a stunning pair. I’d love to meet sisters called [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name]! Not to mention, you’d get your [name]Belle[/name]…

Oh! [name]Catherine[/name]! My favorite spelling. I love [name]Catherine[/name] for its simple elegance and understated feminine charm. And, I love it for the [name]Cate[/name] nickname. If I had a [name]Catherine[/name], I’d seriously be tempted to call her [name]Cate[/name] all the time, simple because I love it! (The pairing of [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Love[/name] is simple, sweet, and very unexpected - what do you think?)

[name]Lemon[/name],

I’m not sure about [name]Emmeline[/name]/[name]Emeline[/name], but neither said “Variant of…” and both had the same meaning and origion.

I like [name]Catherine[/name] too, and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Love[/name] is so pretty! I’Ve recently been raiding Beyond [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Aiden[/name], and found…

[name]Ruby[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Molly[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] and tons more! Any you like?

Also, I edited my last post but it may have been too late. What do you think of [name]Noa[/name]? [name]Noah[/name] used to be my favourite boys name, and I thought it was pretty like this.

Talk soon,

Bounce

PS Thanks so much for actually responding to my posts! They seem never ending!

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce!

You think on that whole [name]Emmeline[/name] vs. [name]Emeline[/name] issue, okay? I’m not sure which is best, honestly…

[name]Glad[/name] you are lovin’ on [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Love[/name]! I thought middle names like [name]Dream[/name], [name]Faye[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Rue[/name], [name]Lux[/name], and Swann would pair nicely with [name]Love[/name]!

Of your “new” additions, I like [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Virginia[/name] - I love that [name]Ginny[/name] nickname! I like the name [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Claire[/name], too…

Oh! [name]Noa[/name] for a girl? Or, are you spelling [name]Noah[/name] like [name]Noa[/name] for a boy? I think I like others better, honestly, and I prefer [name]Noah[/name] for a boy. It looks a little more finished and sturdy, you know?

And, I like responding to your posts! They are such fun! Talk to you later…

[name]Lemon[/name],

I had included this name in my latest post but found myself liking it a little more recently - [name]Clementine[/name]. I was thinking that is a liked this name I could use [name]Emma[/name] as a nickname, or would that be a bit of a stretch?

I agree with you that [name]Noah[/name] looks more finished off. I was talking about [name]Noa[/name] for a girl, in case you were wondering.

I’m glad you like responding! I enjoy reading yours too! You give such great advice and know so much!

Talk soon…

Bounce

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce!

[name]Clementine[/name] is a pretty, unique, soft choice for a girl. I didn’t list it among my favorites because I feel like it is difficult to match, sibling wise, because of the variety of styles if falls under. For me, [name]Clementine[/name] has a bit of a country, comfortable feel, so something nickname-y, like [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Sosie[/name], or [name]Sadie[/name], seems to pair well - however, I’m so not a fan of nicknames as names. Then, I thought maybe something natural, like [name]Jessamine[/name], would pair well for a sister, but that feels much more exotic to me than [name]Clementine[/name], you know? But, at the same time, I can see [name]Clementine[/name] - Mrs. [name]Winston[/name] [name]Churchill[/name] was a [name]Clementine[/name]! - with something vintage and Victorian, like [name]Virginia[/name]. Or, I could see [name]Clementine[/name] with something equally whimsical, like [name]Marigold[/name] - the [name]Churchill[/name]'s had a [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Frances[/name]! - or [name]Magnolia[/name]. You catch my drift…

I wouldn’t nickname [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Emma[/name], myself. Why choose such a unique, soft, and lovely name for a child only to morph it into something it isn’t? That’s my stance, at list. Now, I love [name]Emma[/name], despite its popularity, but I think [name]Clementine[/name] should be shortened to the natural [name]Clemmy[/name] - um, perhaps not! - or a more interesting [name]Cleo[/name]! What do you think?

PS I could totally see [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Vi[/name] as sisters, [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name],

Hey, I don’t have much time but I thought I’d reply quickly. Yes, I feel the same way about [name]Clementine[/name]'s many styles! And I love [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Vi[/name]! I’ll try to write mre later (tomorrow).

Talk soon,

Bounce