Sib set Freya & Lyra

See the results of this poll: Does Freya and Lyra work as a subset?

Respondents: 76 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 43 (57%)
  • No: 33 (43%)

No! Very pretty!
I know a [name]Nova[/name] and [name]Freya[/name]…

In the poll question i meant to type sibset! not subset :confused:

I think they can work together, they’re not too usable, but there may be other names that you will come to love that will work better with either [name]Freya[/name] or [name]Lyra[/name].

Ta, [name]Freya[/name] is our #1 fav. I think they are too samey to work together. Like naming kids [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]…

I didn’t vote because I want to vote both yes and no.
I think having one name as a fn and the other as a mn would be stunning.
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] immediately came to mind.
(I like the idea of pairing the beautiful but tougher [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] with something a bit softer and more romantic).

I like them together but the only thing I’d say is it kind of sets you up to pick another 2 syllable name that ends in -a in the event you have a third daughter.

Thanks Lexiem i really like the suggestion of [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Lyra[/name]. I do like the stronger female names and they do pair well with soft romantic names.

I will put [name]Lyra[/name] into my middle name list.

Ta

I love [name]Lyra[/name] as a first name, [name]Freya[/name] not so much. If you love them they are perfectly fine together!!

I like both names, but prefer a stable name to offset a frilly name. But that’s just my opinion! I think they sound fine and if you like them, go for it!

I love Lexiem’s pairings! Gorgeous!

I accidentally clicked “no” in the poll because I thought the question was if they were too similar to be siblings.

I think they’re beautiful together, and I would swoon if I met sisters [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name]. Great choices!

[name]Freya[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] would be great as sisters.

[name]Freya[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] are too matchy for my comfort level. [name]Both[/name] are two syllables, both end in “a” and both have prominent y’s and r’s in them.

These are my top two girl names and if I have two I will probably use them. I think matchy names depend on how many kids you end up with. For instance having [name_f]Katie[/name_f] and [name_f]Kenna[/name_f] wouldn’t sound as weird to me as [name_u]Kim[/name_u], [name_f]Katie[/name_f], [name_f]Kenna[/name_f] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]. I also love [name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] :slight_smile: