Sibling anagram help!

See the results of this poll: Are Esther and Seth good sibling names, or is the anagram thing a problem?

Respondents: 20 (This poll is closed)

• the anagram doesn’t matter at all: 7 (35%)
  • the anagram thing is a bit strange: 9 (45%)
  • the anagram thing is a bonus!: 4 (20%)

I think the similiar sounds in [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Seth[/name] don’t really work very well. There is the issue of finding names for future kids (if you were planning on having them) and the issue of matchiness and confusion. However, here are some other names that you might like instead of [name]Seth[/name]:

[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Ray[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]/[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Jared[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Trey[/name]
[name]Marc[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]

I hope this helps!

[name]Hi[/name]! For me, the issue isn’t the anagram, but the similarity between the beginning sounds of [name]Seth[/name] and [name]Esther[/name]. I know I’d get tongue-tied saying the names, but that’s just me!

Some names like [name]Seth[/name] that I can picture with [name]Esther[/name]:

[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] (kind of similar to [name]Esther[/name]'s beginning sound, though)
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree with [name]Jill[/name], but also I feel the names are a bit odd together because their styles feel Very different to me.

I agree with [name]Jill[/name], but also I feel the names are a bit odd together because their styles feel Very different to me.[/quote]

Ricette, [name]Seth[/name] and [name]Esther[/name] are both Biblical names… :slight_smile:

I hope you’re having a good day!

Oh! Well I guess they have quite the connection, then huh!? :slight_smile:

Still, [name]Esther[/name] feels “older” to me… Maybe that’s just me, though :wink:

Thanks!

I agree with you, [name]Rica[/name]. :slight_smile: At first, I forgot that [name]Seth[/name] is a Biblical name, so you’re not alone!

I agree with you, [name]Rica[/name]. :slight_smile: At first, I forgot that [name]Seth[/name] is a Biblical name, so you’re not alone![/quote]

Whew! :wink:

Indeed, [name]Seth[/name] was the third some of [name]Adam[/name] so that’s about as old as you can get!

I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. To me [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Seth[/name] have a similar feel, and go together very nicely! Another name that I think goes well with [name]Esther[/name], is [name]Levi[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name] put it best. [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Seth[/name] don’t sound awkward together because of the anagram, but because of the similiarity in their sounds. It seems matchy.

I adore both [name]Esther[/name] (I’m so glad people are using it!) and [name]Seth[/name], but I do have to agree with previous posters and say that the similarity of the sounds make them a little difficult as sibling names.

Good luck!