Sibling for Clara and Sam

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everybody!

We found out we are pregnant with a little boy, and are looking for a sibling name to go with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Sam[/name_u].

We were thinking…

[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (Theo)
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

Any other suggestions? Thoughts on these?

2 Likes

What beautiful names your kids have!

One question I have is, is [name_u]Sam[/name_u] simply [name_u]Sam[/name_u] or is it [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] even [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]? I love all of those, I’m just asking for clarity while I consider your list.

If [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is a boy, just [name_u]Sam[/name_u], I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is just the perfect match. If [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], called [name_u]Sam[/name_u], I like Theodore-called-Theo. [name_u]Henry[/name_u] seems great either way! I also like [name_u]William[/name_u].

1 Like

I like [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] best out of your list, it sounds great and is great with the others.

I also like:
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Justin[/name_m]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! Thank you for your responses! He is [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], called [name_u]Sam[/name_u] (mostly).

1 Like

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] is great!!!

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], [name_m]Ben[/name_m] and [name_u]Leon[/name_u] came to mind

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] , [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]William[/name_u] is my favourite!!

I love your options! They all flow really well and are so dreamy together. I love that they are very traditional but not overly common.

I also love the suggestion of [name_m]Ben[/name_m] , [name_u]Leo[/name_u] , [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and [name_u]Reid[/name_u] !

I will suggest

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] / [name_m]Tom[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] / [name_m]Jon[/name_m] / [name_m]Nate[/name_m]
Matthew/ [name_m]Matt[/name_m] / [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]

1 Like

Thank you! That’s exactly what we were going for - classic/traditional but not overly common. I love [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_u]William[/name_u] both, but I’m worried that they’re so popular. But honestly, maybe that doesn’t matter so much if you love the name!

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “Theo” with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] “Sam.” [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is great too.

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] with your other names!

Congratulations :blue_heart:

Firstly [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_u]Sam[/name_u] are such sweet vintage choices and you’ve got a lovely list that stylistically work wonders.

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] ~ I love this name he’s so classic and has this soft vintage appeal which definitely works in your sibling set.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ~ another fabulous choice he’s handsome strong yet again has that soft appeal. He has a range of lovely nicknames and feels rather fashionable.

[name_u]William[/name_u] ~ I’m a fan of [name_u]William[/name_u] he’s a family name feels strong, rich in history and regal. He has a range of wonderful nicknames which suit a range of lovely personalities. [name_u]William[/name_u] is great.

[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] ~ a lovely bright Welsh name that really appeals however personally I feel doesn’t work as well in your sibling set like [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & [name_u]William[/name_u] do.

From this list my favourite is [name_u]Henry[/name_u] I just love [name_u]Henry[/name_u].

Suggestions…

[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] ‘Sam’ and…

[name_u]Robert[/name_u] ‘Bobby’
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ‘Freddie’
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] ‘Benji’
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

i love theodore with your kids!

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are absolutely my favorites! All gorgeous names.

I like the repetition of the vowel A in all the names. With the two names, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Sam[/name_u], that was the first thing I noticed. I think it would add continuity to repeat the pattern with the next name.

Cl@ra, S@muel and….
Nathaniel……Clara, [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_m]Nate[/name_m] or [name_u]Nat[/name_u]
James….Clara, [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] or Thaddeus……Clara, [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_m]Tad[/name_m]

You couldn’t go wrong with [name_u]Henry[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]William[/name_u], or any of your options, really! I think they’re all great.

Other ideas:

Wesley/Wes
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
Benjamin/Ben
August/Gus
[name_u]Pierce[/name_u]
Frederick/Freddy
Francis/Frank

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] sounds so sweet with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_u]Sam[/name_u]! :relaxed:

I love [name_u]William[/name_u] here! Fits the vibe perfectly
Good luck

FWIW,

[name_f]My[/name_f] older two are [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] (Elisabeth is my grandmother’s name) and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] (Ryan is my brother’s middle name). If we were to follow this same general pattern (first name that is classic/vintage but not super common, middle name that is a family name), [name_u]William[/name_u] is actually my grandfather’s first name and my husband’s grandfather’s middle name, so it does have significance to us.

So, maybe [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] switch it up with [name_u]William[/name_u] Theodore/William [name_u]Henry[/name_u]? We don’t HAVE to stick to that pattern necessarily.

1 Like

I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u] sounds good!