Sibling for Dash Harrison P____

[name]Hi[/name]. I just found out i am PG w/ #2 and am already looking at names bc it is so fun! I have a 1 year old son named [name]Dash[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] P____. i am looking for the perfect name to go with it nad so far I cannot find a name i [name]LOVE[/name] as much as [name]Dash[/name]. Please look at my list and tell me what you think and any suggestions would be great…thanks

Boys:

[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Cannon[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Wells[/name]

Girls

[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Mika[/name] or [name]Micah[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Briar[/name]
Lively
[name]Sailor[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

[name]Ari[/name]: I think it’s a great name, but I can’t really see [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Ari[/name] as brothers.

[name]Tate[/name]: I think [name]Tate[/name] is really handsome, and I can definitely see [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] as brothers!

[name]Cannon[/name]: I prefer some of your other names…

[name]Camden[/name]: I thought it was a great surname-as-a-first-name until a poster pointed out that [name]Camden[/name], NJ is a dangerous, crime-ridden city.

[name]Cruz[/name]: I think it fits with [name]Dash[/name], but I immediately think of the Beckhams.

[name]Beckett[/name]: I love this name, and can totally see it with your [name]Dash[/name]!

[name]Finn[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Wells[/name]: Because I only think of [name]Wells[/name] [name]Fargo[/name], I like some of your other names better.

My favorites: [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Tate[/name], and [name]Finn[/name].

You may also like (or hate):

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Breckin[/name]
[name]Callum[/name] (nn [name]Cal[/name])
[name]Donovan[/name] (D theme, though)
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name] (two verbs, though)
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Girls

[name]Romy[/name]: I think this is sweet, and like it as a nickname for [name]Romilly[/name], too.

[name]Rory[/name]: I think it’s a adorable (both on its own and as a nickname for [name]Aurora[/name]), but for some reason, I can better see [name]Romy[/name] with [name]Dash[/name].

[name]Mika[/name] or [name]Micah[/name]: [name]Micah[/name] is only a boys’ name to me, but I can better see [name]Romy[/name] with [name]Dash[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name]): I love this name, and think [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] is great! (I love [name]Penelope[/name], but I can better see [name]Poppy[/name] with [name]Dash[/name], unless [name]Dash[/name] is short for [name]Dashiell[/name].)

[name]Briar[/name]: I think this works really with with [name]Dash[/name]…

Lively: I only think of [name]Blake[/name] Lively and the word “lively.” I personally wouldn’t use Lively as a first name, not only because it feels like its honoring [name]Blake[/name], but because it’s a lot to live up to. What if she’s a shy, quiet wallflower instead of a perky social butterfly?

[name]Sailor[/name]: I can see [name]Sailor[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] as siblings…

From your list, I can best see [name]Romy[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Briar[/name], and [name]Sailor[/name] with [name]Dash[/name].

Other names I can picture with [name]Dash[/name]:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]/[name]Blakely[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

If his full name is [name]Dashiell[/name], I’d personally go with a vintage or classic name, but [name]Dash[/name] feels more modern to me. I think that [name]Dash[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is very handsome. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Dash[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name] & [name]Finn[/name]

[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Bede[/name]
[name]Fort[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Cillian[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]

I like [name]Dash[/name] with [name]Romy[/name] & [name]Poppy[/name] (unless [name]Dashiell[/name] is his longer name I would stick with [name]Poppy[/name])

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Raven[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Soraya[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Zillah[/name]
[name]Peace[/name]
[name]Callisto[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dash[/name]! It’s on my favourites list too.

There is a band in Australia named ‘[name]Dash[/name] and [name]Will[/name]’. They sound very [name]Tegan[/name] and [name]Sara[/name] but it’s the name that’s interesting.

[name]Dash[/name] and [name]Will[/name] are the names they would have been called if they were boys!

I think they go really well together…

So for a boy I’d go with [name]Willem[/name], [name]William[/name] or Willougby (nn [name]Will[/name])

and for a girl I’d go with [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Willow[/name] (nn [name]Will[/name])

Out of your ideas…

[name]Tate[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] are perfect names.

Of yours, I like [name]Tate[/name], [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Romy[/name], and [name]Poppy[/name] - just [name]Poppy[/name].

I don’t know if you wanted to use the same first initial, but I was thinking that [name]Dash[/name] would be perfect with Drexel “[name]Rex[/name]” [name]Garrett[/name]! If you wanted the same thing for a girl, I thought [name]Deanna[/name] “[name]DeeDee[/name]” [name]Paige[/name] would be adorable! I think [name]DeeDee[/name] is ready for a comeback - so cute and spunky for a girl’s nickname.

I can suggest more, but I have to get to a meeting. Good luck!

Back with more:

[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Flint[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Link[/name]
[name]Penn[/name]
[name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Slade[/name]
[name]Vince[/name]
[name]Wes[/name]

Girls later… :slight_smile:

I know that [name]Dash[/name] is a form of [name]Dashiell[/name], but when I hear [name]Dash[/name] I automatically think ‘word name’ and fast. So to me, the best ones to go with [name]Dash[/name] are:

[name]Cannon[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]

Lively
[name]Sailor[/name]

Thanks for all the help!

I really like the name [name]Romy[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name] the best for the girls - the only problem is the last name is Pope. Does [name]Romy[/name] Pope sound silly b/c the Pope lives in [name]Rome[/name]?? and does [name]Poppy[/name] Pope sound like a cartoon character b/c that is what my husband says?? Also [name]Cruz[/name] means cross in spansih - so is [name]Cruz[/name] Pope too religious/Cathoilic orieanted? ??

Also - while i know my son, [name]Dash[/name], (his full name is just [name]Dash[/name]) is a one syllabal name - it doesnt bother me as much as some other one syllabal names with the last name. I just think [name]Tate[/name] Pope and [name]Finn[/name] Pope sound so abrubt ------ but [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] Pope seem not to seem so harsh.

I wish i had an easier last name to work with…ahhh…opinions anyone??

Oh, gosh! Yes, I think [name]Romy[/name] Pope is a bit weird, considering the whole [name]Rome[/name]/Pope connection, and [name]Poppy[/name] Pope honestly sounds ridiculous to me. As for boys, I know you’ve already used a one syllable name with a one syllable last name, but I prefer a two syllable name I think - if it doesn’t bother you, and you want them to match, then go for it! Have you taken to any of the suggestions thus far?

For girls, you could use [name]Ginny[/name], [name]Lacey[/name], [name]Lainey[/name], [name]Molly[/name], or [name]Tawny[/name] instead of [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]. Other options could be [name]Avery[/name] or [name]Delaney[/name].

For boys, you could use [name]Aston[/name], [name]Brighton[/name], [name]Denzel[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Dixon[/name], [name]Hendrix[/name], [name]Howie[/name], [name]Jagger[/name], [name]Kingston[/name], [name]Leland[/name], [name]Luther[/name], [name]Padgett[/name], [name]Roscoe[/name], or [name]Sterling[/name].

Oh, gosh! Yes, I think [name]Romy[/name] Pope is a bit weird, considering the whole [name]Rome[/name]/Pope connection, and [name]Poppy[/name] Pope honestly sounds ridiculous to me. As for boys, I know you’ve already used a one syllable name with a one syllable last name, but I prefer a two syllable name I think - if it doesn’t bother you, and you want them to match, then go for it! Have you taken to any of the suggestions thus far?

For girls, you could use [name]Ginny[/name], [name]Lacey[/name], [name]Lainey[/name], [name]Molly[/name], or [name]Tawny[/name] instead of [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]. Other options could be [name]Avery[/name] or [name]Delaney[/name].

For boys, you could use [name]Aston[/name], [name]Brighton[/name], [name]Denzel[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Dixon[/name], [name]Hendrix[/name], [name]Howie[/name], [name]Jagger[/name], [name]Kingston[/name], [name]Leland[/name], [name]Luther[/name], [name]Padgett[/name], [name]Roscoe[/name], or [name]Sterling[/name].[/quote]

Thanks for your help…I honestly know that [name]Dash[/name] Pope doesnt sound the best, which is why i gave him a 3 syllable middle name but I just never could convince myself to name him [name]Dashiell[/name] - i just thought it changed the entire feeling of the name. And for some reason i like short names better — hopefully i can find oen we both like.

Anyways - a lot of your suggestions I have thought about…and have been on a list or 2 - i love [name]Link[/name] but again the name [name]Lincoln[/name] totally changes the feeling for me and [name]Knox[/name] but then I think of [name]Angelina[/name]

I like [name]Delaney[/name] but my bff has claimed that as her name; and i also love [name]Lainey[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] but they just seem a little common…so they never stay on my list.

[name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Romilly[/name] would be usuable? or is it still too close to the pope in rome thing?

Some suggestions that I like are [name]Waverly[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Stellan[/name], [name]Violet[/name] (except that is [name]Dash[/name] from the movie Incredible’s sister…), [name]Penn[/name] (but [name]Penn[/name] Pope sounds just as silly as [name]Poppy[/name] Pope), [name]Rafe[/name] or [name]Rafferty[/name], and [name]Kingston[/name] (I have a dog named [name]Roscoe[/name] - so that is a no go).

Why does this have to be so hard…

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Romy[/name] Pope and [name]Poppy[/name] Pope (especially [name]Poppy[/name] Pope) aren’t the best. In addition to the [name]Rome[/name]/Pope connection, both [name]Romy[/name] and Pope have long O sounds, so it’s all I hear when I say [name]Romy[/name] Pope out loud.

I think that [name]Romilly[/name] is beautiful and flows really well with your last name, but I still don’t think that [name]Romy[/name] works with Pope, even as a nickname.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Aurora[/name], nn [name]Rory[/name]?

From your new list:

[name]Waverly[/name]: I think it’s pretty with Pope, but I do think of a waving pope.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Aveline[/name]?

[name]Quinn[/name]: I think it’s too blunt with Pope, plus it sounds like “queen,” so I kind of hear “[name]Queen[/name] Pope” when I say it out loud. I can see [name]Quincy[/name] Pope, though.

[name]Stellan[/name]: I think this works… :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name]: In additon to The Incredibles, [name]Violet[/name] Pope sounds to me like you’re talking about a purple-colored pope. (With Pope, I’d personally avoid first names that are colors.)

[name]Penn[/name]: Not with Pope…

[name]Rafferty[/name] (nn [name]Rafe[/name]): I think this is fantastic! :slight_smile:

[name]Kingston[/name]: A king and a pope in one name is a bit much to me.

From your list, I really like [name]Stellan[/name] and [name]Rafferty[/name] (nn [name]Rafe[/name]) with Pope. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I agree with [name]Jill[/name] - I absolutely love [name]Stellan[/name] Pope! - but this again leaves you without a girl name…

I know you said you liked shorter names, but maybe longer is the way to go?

[name]Adrianne[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Hailey[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Myra[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]

Like any?

While most of those girls names are pretty - they are a little too girly for my tastes…except for [name]Tatum[/name] which i do like. I like spunky, fun first names for girls – any other ideas - they can be longer as long as they have a good nickname. [name]Do[/name] you lke [name]Callaway[/name]? nn [name]Calla[/name]

Wdyt of [name]Kellen[/name]? that has always been on my longer list - i feel like it is a little less trendy than [name]Stellen[/name].

Honestly, [name]Calloway[/name] reminds me of the golf brand, so I don’t particularly care for it.

[name]Caelan[/name]
Carrigan
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Darra[/name]
[name]Keelin[/name]
[name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]

[name]Bristol[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Farren[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]

Yeah, [name]Kellen[/name] is great! I really like it with [name]Dash[/name], too! :slight_smile: