Sibling for Eleanor and Isaiah

We have an [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and an [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Last name is [name_m]Cobb[/name_m], so we try to avoid any K or C names as we don’t like alliteration. We like [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] for a boy or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for a girl, but don’t want to repeat any of the same first letters for names which really narrows it down. We also don’t like short one syllable first names as their last name will be short. It’s been so difficult finding a name! We won’t find out the gender until the baby is born, but any suggestions we will happily accept. We like classical, old fashioned names that aren’t too pretentious and aren’t too far out there. But we don’t want super common either.

The names we like so far are [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for a girl. [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] for boys.

Would it be weird to have another E or I first name since not all of the kids will have the same first letter or am I overthinking it? We like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but we already have [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and I don’t want to have two of the kids starting with the same letter and the other is left out, for example.

Please help! Thank you:)

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is perfection! That’s just excellent!!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], and…

[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Guthrie[/name_u]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]

[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] are wonderful!!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] work well!! I love [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] are too close to me.

Some ideas:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and…

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]

[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Judah[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

1 Like

vivienne, naomi and bennett wold work so well with your kiddos!!

i have a daughter named lucia so i obviously love that as well and would work well with your set too!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Firstly naming is soooo hard!!! You’ve considered really gorgeous names and your children have wonderful names so I’m sure from your track record you’ll find the one :yellow_heart:

Personally I’m not mad on repeating initials if not all the children have that repeating initial for me a sibling set that is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] & [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] works better than [name_f]Ione[/name_f], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] & [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. For me it would be a deal breaker but I think it’s an individual thing and you need to decide whether it’s a deal breaker for you.

You’ve had a few suggestions so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and…

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]

1 Like

Your kids have lovely names! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] & [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], & [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] are also nice. I’m with you–I prefer not to repeat initials among siblings, unless they are all going to match, or all girls & all boys match. Otherwise, it feels off to me. But [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] could work, if you thought this was your last baby…?

Here’s other names that come to mind when I consider the ones you mentioned:

[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Caraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Michele[/name_u]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Zion[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
Tobias/Tobiah
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

1 Like

Thank you all for the suggestions! There’s a few I’ll bring up with my husband that we have not discussed yet so hopefully we can find a name for our little one:)