Sibling for Elias and Eleni

We always planned on our daughter to be named [name]Eleni[/name], when our son was born first we named him [name]Elias[/name] to go with her name. After we found out we were expecting [name]Eleni[/name] we were not planning any more children but she passed away at 3 weeks. We are expecting another child but have no idea of a name. We are Greek so we want another Greek name but I don’t want to use a common name in our family. Last name starts with a C.

I’m very sorry about your daughter, that’s awful:( Some Greek names you might like…

To go with the ‘E’ theme:
[name]Eirini[/name]
[name]Elara[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Elexis[/name]
[name]Elidi[/name]
[name]Eloisia[/name]
[name]Erasmus[/name]
[name]Ereni[/name]
[name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Ezio[/name]

Others, incase the theme isn’t deliberate or isn’t to be continued…
Girls:
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Xenia[/name]

Boys:
[name]Cosmo[/name]
Matthais
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Zeno[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]

Are any of these your style? If not, be sure to let me know and I’ll try again:) [name]Eleni[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] are beautiful names by the way:)
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I’m so sorry about your baby girl. :frowning:

I can see [name]Elias[/name] (I love that name so much!) with these Greek names:

[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Hilary[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] (super popular, though)
[name]Thea[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

Good luck!

Thank you for the replies, a lot of those names are on my list. I have been kidding about using [name]Elvis[/name] or [name]Electra[/name] to keep with the [name]El[/name]… theme but I have been half way serious about [name]Electra[/name].

A couple of other names I don’t think were mentioned but I wanted to run by you…

Boy:
[name]Loukas[/name] - the Greek version of [name]Luke[/name], I like it but don’t like how popular [name]Luke[/name], [name]Lukas[/name] is.

Other than a couple of the names on your lists, I don’t have any other ideas.

Girl:
[name]Artemis[/name] - always liked the name although it sounds more like a male name, maybe I should save it for my next dog.
[name]Athena[/name] - [name]Eleni[/name]'s middle name, would I use it as a way to honor her a create a possible new family name.
[name]Anastasia[/name] - The male version is actually my son’s middle name after my [name]BIL[/name] that passed away to young.
[name]Evangelina[/name] - means ‘bringer of good news’ I like the meaning but that’s about it.
[name]Eurydice[/name] - my name in Greek but somehow I was given the nn [name]Vickie[/name] and that’s all I’ve ever used.
[name]Daisy[/name] - my son had said that many times before we were expecting, we are due in [name]April[/name], daisies are the birth-flower.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Loukas[/name] and [name]Athena[/name]! They’re beautiful:) I think they work perfectly with [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Athena[/name] is a wonderful way to honour your daughter:)

Bringing this up again because we found out we are having another girl. I am still in shock (I’ve known for 2 months) but I need to start seriously considering a name. All I know is I want it to be a surprise to and not go the traditional naming route, whatever the name will be is going to be a surprise to even me at this point. My husband and I are not even discussing options at this point because he doesn’t like anything I’ve suggested but he has none of his own.

My 3 top choices are [name]Artemis[/name], [name]Electra[/name] and [name]Ione[/name]. Maybe one for first and one for mn but in what order?

My first choice is [name]Electra[/name] [name]Artemis[/name] because I think it has a lot in common with her sister [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Athena[/name]. [name]Eleni[/name] ([name]Helen[/name]) “bright, shining one” [name]Electra[/name] “shining, bright”. When I look at it that way, maybe it’s too close. The middle names would both be greek goddess names that start with an A. My husband says to stop using [name]Electra[/name] because it sounds like a dancer name and not the type of dancer you wish for a daughter and he just doesn’t like [name]Artemis[/name]. I’ve been seeing [name]Electra[/name] lately, a bicycle brand, wine and even a photographer’s first name advertised at the birth center we are going to. If the baby is born on the full moon then I think [name]Artemis[/name] is a must. Is there something against using the same letter to end the first name and start the middle, 2 a’s? The reason for [name]Ione[/name], no reason other than short and sweet.

I think using the Greek gods names is a good idea I’m very sorry about elani. What a beautiful name! my personal favorite has always been [name]Athena[/name] for sure but [name]Artemis[/name] is pretty too I don’t think it’s too boyish! Also the oracle city in ancient Greece was called [name]Delphi[/name] which I would use as a middle name if you like it. Also eurodyrce (sorry I don’t remember the splelling) is cute bit may be hard for people to pronounce. Orphee’s also a cute name! Good luck with the naming hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply! Still don’t know what to do, I haven’t come up any other names yet and neither has my husband. We’ve stopped talking about it.

So sorry to hear of your daughter’s passing.

What about [name]Alicia[/name] [name]Helen[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elena[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Christina[/name], all very good Greek style names?

I think I suggested [name]Allegra[/name] before and I like it much more than [name]Electra[/name].

I think that there is a teasing factor in [name]Electra[/name] in particular the word ‘electrocuted’. I would steer away from it, it doesn’t give me a happy feeling.

[name]Aurora[/name] is a beautiful name and it has the meaning of dawn, (new day or beginning) I think that this would be much prettier and happier name.

Middle name [name]Elizabeth[/name]
From ??? ([name]Elisabet[/name]), the Greek form of the Hebrew name ??? (’[name]Elisheva[/name]’) meaning “my God is an oath” or perhaps “my God is abundance”.

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] C…

If your new daughter was named [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] I think it would be symbolic of making a new life, a new dawn.

[name]Aurora[/name] originally came from [name]Rome[/name] and it has a great meaning and [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a classic that is always admired. I think that it would be a lovely way to name your daughter.

Or to keep the ‘E’ theme [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] C…

All the best.

I’m so sorry for your loss! [name]How[/name] terrible.

[name]Elias[/name], [name]Eleni[/name], and …

[name]Elara[/name] (EE-lair-a)
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Elidi[/name]
[name]Eloisia[/name]

So, I just saw that your liking [name]Electra[/name]. I like that one, [name]Elara[/name], and [name]Eloisia[/name] the best.

As for [name]Electra[/name] [name]Artemis[/name], I don’t like how [name]Electra[/name] ends in A and [name]Artemis[/name] begins with A - it makes for awkward flow. [name]How[/name] about some other Greek goddess names?

[name]Gaia[/name], Mother [name]Earth[/name] and mother of Titans - “[name]GUY[/name]-uh”

[name]Rhea[/name], mother of [name]Zeus[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]!

[name]Zeus[/name]’ female siblings - [name]Hestia[/name], [name]Demeter[/name], and [name]Hera[/name]

[name]Zeus[/name]’ female offspring - [name]Athena[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Helen[/name] (of [name]Troy[/name]), and [name]Hebe[/name]

*In some mythical versions, [name]Zeus[/name] is said to have fathered the Muses, too…

So, you might use:

[name]Electra[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Elara[/name] [name]Demeter[/name]
[name]Eloisia[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Elidi[/name] [name]Artemis[/name]

I like the name Kailas or Asael for a boy.
And [name]Ashira[/name] sounds very beautiful for a girl.

I’m sorry for your loss.

I think [name]Ione[/name] is a beautiful name that goes perfectly with [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Eleni[/name].

[name]Ione[/name] [name]Artemis[/name] sounds nice and is a nice link with both sisters having middle names starting with A. I do like the suggestion [name]Aurora[/name] - it is a bit more feminine sounding to my ear. [name]Ione[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]…

I’m so sorry for your loss!
What about:
GIRL
[name]Echo[/name]
Aglaia
[name]Althea[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Leda[/name]
Leto