Sibling for Emmett

Sibling names (boy and girl) for [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]?

Boys names we like:
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] or [name_m]Callen[/name_m] ([name_u]Cal[/name_u])
[name_m]Archie[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

Girls:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I like vintage names, my husband likes Irish names. We chose [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] for our son because it’s a family name, but I feel like [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] has become so popular lately. It makes us not want to use [name_u]Cal[/name_u] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. What say you, wise nameberries? Any other options? Our last name starts with an A. I don’t mind Illiteration.

Thank you!

Hello! I absolutely adore the name [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. I’m going to stick to girl names, as I tend to be much better with those.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]: This really is a beautiful name, and I can definitely see why it’s gaining in popularity. I like that it’s brief and bright, and has history but sounds modern. However, I do think it might just be “THE hot name” in several countries in the next few years, so I definitely see popularity as a concern as well!
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u]: This name does have a cool vibe, but I think it’s quite masculine.
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]: My very favorite on your list. This name has it all: Strength, style, a unisex feel, and lots of history.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]: Simple, classic, and perfect. It’s also incredibly underused in the first spot.

[name_f]Aine[/name_f]/[name_f]Anya[/name_f]: These two, which are pronounced the same way, were my first thoughts when I saw your question. The former is very Irish, means brightness and luminosity, and has origins in the 15th century- very vintage, indeed!
[name_u]Alcott[/name_u]: When I saw [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] and [name_u]Arden[/name_u], I immediately thought of this. It’s vintage, rare, has the double letter, and fits really well with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u].
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]/[name_f]Marin[/name_f]: Take the beginning of [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] and the ending of [name_u]Arden[/name_u], and you get [name_f]Maren[/name_f], or, more traditionally, [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. They’re literary, have nature meanings, and are more distinctively feminine than some of your other choices but have the tailored simplicity (yet style and substance) of [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]: Underused, evocative virtue name. Has many of the sounds of [name_f]Isla[/name_f] with a dash of [name_u]Arden[/name_u], but not the popularity.
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]: I quite like this on a girl, and it’s an alternative to [name_u]Merritt[/name_u]. I also think [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] fit the vibe. [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] also has a double “t” sound, and is super charming.
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]: [name_m]Even[/name_m] though the “h” is silent, this is far more pronounceable than many Irish names, and has along history of use. It’s all about the vowels here: There’s the “o” from [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and the ending of [name_f]Isla[/name_f].
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]: This name has the rhythm of and similar sounds to [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but is quite underused and not looking to skyrocket any time soon. Very ethereal. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is another lovely, enchanting suggestion.
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u]: This name has a lot going for it: The strong “t” from many of your favorites, unisex flair, Irish origins, underuse, and tons of style.
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]: A bold, whimsical sound.
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]: Tailored, unisex, and rare. [name_f]Briar[/name_f] and [name_u]Adair[/name_u] are also fantastic considerations.
[name_u]Collins[/name_u]: Charm, and a different double letter. [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] is another option.
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]: [name_f]Barely[/name_f] different than [name_u]Arden[/name_u], but a bit more airy and with a vowel emphasis.

I like [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] for you :slight_smile:

A few suggestions
[name_m]Kian[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Ross[/name_m]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]

Thank you, @danakatherine! I love so many of your suggestions. I love [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_f]Eira[/name_f]! Hadn’t considered those at all. [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] and [name_f]Briar[/name_f] are on my list, but my hubby isn’t sold on a unisex vibe. Thank you for putting so much thought into your reply, I so appreciate it!

Oh! I love the suggestion of [name_m]Callum[/name_m]! I love that it means dove. [name_f]Orla[/name_f] is beautiful too!

Thank you

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is a great name. I don’t hear it much at all in my parts (midwest U.S.)

Here are my thoughts on your current lists:

Boys-

[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] or [name_m]Callen[/name_m] ([name_u]Cal[/name_u])-I love [name_u]Cal[/name_u] with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]! They’re both names that work for either a sensitive artist type or a rough and tumble athlete. I prefer [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] to [name_m]Callen[/name_m], since [name_m]Callen[/name_m] doesn’t really seem like a name to me. [name_m]Calum[/name_m] is my favorite ‘[name_u]Cal[/name_u]’ name, though. You could also do [name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u].

[name_m]Archie[/name_m]-This is really cute & fairly unique. I think it’s better as a nn for [name_m]Archer[/name_m] though.

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]-I love it! It’s strong & recognizable, but I’ve only ever met one. And that’s my brother in law’s dog, whom I love to pieces. Maybe an influence…:slight_smile:

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]-This is really nice with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. Sweet & simple.

Girls-

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]-Beautiful, but I agree that it’s getting way popular.

[name_u]Merritt[/name_u]-Hm. This seems a little harsh sounding for a girl.

[name_u]Arden[/name_u]-Same as above.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]-[name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. A simple classic that’s not common as a fn. I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] too. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you? It may be hard to avoid [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

Suggestions…

Boys:

[name_m]Alec[/name_m]

[name_u]Alden[/name_u]

[name_m]Aubin[/name_m]

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]

[name_m]Clark[/name_m]

[name_m]Conall[/name_m]

[name_m]Cian[/name_m]

[name_m]Ciaran[/name_m]

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]

[name_m]Iain[/name_m]

[name_u]Keats[/name_u]

[name_m]Knox[/name_m]

[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

[name_u]Niall[/name_u]

[name_m]Nolan[/name_m]

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

[name_m]Quinlan[/name_m]

[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

[name_u]Roan[/name_u]

[name_m]Rider[/name_m]

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]

Girls:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

[name_f]Briar[/name_f]

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

[name_u]Clare[/name_u]

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

[name_f]Maren[/name_f]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

[name_u]Malin[/name_u]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I love [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. Very sweet. And [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is definitely standing out more and more on our girls list. If not first it will certainly be our middle name!

Thank you so much!