Sibling for Flynn and Fyfe

Hi all,

Lonnnnng time nameberry reader, 1st time poster here.

I am expecting! It’s very exciting, we don’t know the gender and would love some help.

My sons are [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]. Both starting with F wasn’t by design but we just felt so sure [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] was our littlests name and [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] he earned in the womb for being super chilled out. We would defo like to avoid an F first name this time but would be open to a middle.

We loved the short, cool, laid back nature of our boys names. We also liked that they aren’t super popular ( though [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is on the rise) but still have a very friendly down to earth feel about them. We chose [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] because we like nature names too.

Our surname is a noun ( _________ gatherer) so sadly most gem and animal names sound a bit silly with it.

We also have an angel baby called [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. If that helps you suss out our style at all.

Names on the list as of now are ellis and asher for a boy. We also like felix and asa.

And for girls our top name for a long time has been [name_f]Juno[/name_f], I know that does vary in style from our sons but we felt it fits along the fun, short name lines. We also like juniper. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes erin, and I do too but I fear it is too common (ellis also has that worry for me), maple, nola and lyra/lyla

I have more names on the list I can share but I would say these are the top ones right now

Are we missing something that would work perfectly in a sibset with our boys?

Thanks so much in advance for your help

:slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Juno[/name_f] is an amazing name and I actually think it works very well with your sons’ names.

For a boy, maybe you’d like Remy?

2 Likes

I agree with [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_u]January[/name_u]? [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]? [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]?

1 Like

Aw ya that’s awesome to have a vote for [name_f]Juno[/name_f].

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] is on my long list but my husband isn’t a fan sadly. Perhaps he can be convinced now I’m not the only one who thinks it’s a good fit hehe.

Thank you

Another vote for [name_f]Juno[/name_f] thank you!:slight_smile:

January is gorgeous, food for thought for sure

Xx

1 Like

Aww, ty!

1 Like

Ooh, I loooooove your style! [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] is a real favourite of mine, and I hardly ever even see it mentioned – let alone used. Congratulations and welcome to Nameberry! :blush:

I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f] (full disclosure: it’s my eldest daughter’s name) and I totally agree that it fits the short, strong, quirky vibe of your boys’ names beautifully. [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is amazing too :maple_leaf:

Erin and [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] do feel a little overexposed to me ([name_f]Lyla[/name_f] moreso because of the popular sounds than its popularity per se – think [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_f]Leila[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f], etc.) [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is beautiful but I expect it to trend upwards quite rapidly in the wake of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and His Dark Materials, especially now [name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran has used it for his daughter.

Other girls’ names you might like…

Cleo
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_u]Caro[/name_u]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sable[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Eska[/name_f]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_f]Suki[/name_f]
[name_f]Twila[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f] or [name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

For boys, [name_u]Asa[/name_u] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] feel perfect! I especially love [name_u]Asa[/name_u] – short and soft, but packed full of energy, just like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] and [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m]. I adore [name_m]Felix[/name_m] as well but alas, another F :wink:

Boy names you might like…

Tor
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Corin[/name_u]
[name_m]Alban[/name_m]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Esca[/name_u]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u] (yes, I’m suggesting it twice!)
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_u]Sonny[/name_u]
[name_u]Rudy[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Jess[/name_u] or [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Art[/name_m]
[name_m]Innes[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Misha[/name_u]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u] or [name_u]Rafa[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] or [name_u]Cass[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurie[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Sander[/name_u]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
[name_u]Indy[/name_u]

2 Likes

Unrelated, but [name_f]Kate[/name_f], you always give the beat replies! :hugs:

2 Likes

This post is immense! I so appreciate the time you have taken! Thank you.

We knew so strongly his name was [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] but I did feel scared it would be too out there for most folks for a little while when we were considering it. He does get [name_u]Fife[/name_u] a lot when written, which is a shame, but we still think its it’s the coolest!

Juno maple…its defo got a ring! I’d forgotten about Sheeran using [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] doh, my husband read my first baby bump dark materials so it holds a special spot for us but yeah it’s all getting very trendy.

There are so many total gems on your lists; some are on my own long list too so you defo hit my style but lots I had never considered so tonnes to think about.

Thank you x

1 Like

Asa & Juniper would make lovely additions to your sibset.

Some other ideas

Flynn, Fyfe, ______:

Daphne Francesca
Marnie Freya
Noemi Farrah
Leona Felicity
Tatum Faye
Veda Faith
Vera Fern
Zeta Frances
Nola Faith
Annika Felicity
Danica Fern
Ayla Frances
Hollis Fiona
Bellamy Faye
Moira Fern
Audra Felicity
Tamsin Fae
Zara Faith
Delaney Fern “Della” “Laney”
Maisie Frida
Aspen Francesca “Penny”
Olive Francesca
Priscilla Fern “Poppy”
Talia Felicity
Phoebe Frances
Shelby Fawn
Uma Felicity
Cadence Fern
Seren Felicity

1 Like

Hi there.

Flynn & [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] are so cool! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is a lovely name as well. Seems like you’re pretty good at this. :wink:

Here are my thoughts on what you’ve got so far:

Boys-

Ellis-This is really sweet, smart, handsome, chill & Gaelic just like your ds’ names. It’s simple & I don’t think too terribly common. 342 on the SSA list last year.

Asher-I like this name a lot too, but it is a bit more popular. Does it sound okay w/your ln? I feel like that ‘er’ ending may be repetitive. Probably not a big deal. [name_m]Just[/name_m] being nit-picking to help narrow things down. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] does have a cool guy vibe, but is also down to earth & kind.

Felix-Well, it is another ‘F’ name. I don’t love it as much as other people seem too. I like it for the cat, but it seems almost goofy on a human.

Asa-Oh, I love this one so much. It just has all of the good things: short, simple, soft yet clearly manly, old fashioned, pretty unique. It goes lovely w/Flynn & [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m].

A few more boy ideas that you may like:

Ari-my kitty’s name! I love it.

Aubin

Arrow

Basil

Blaise

Cian

Colm-this is just the most beautiful name that I adore & rarely suggest. I’ll trust that you won’t exploit it too much if you end up using it. :joy: It seems like such a nice match w/your crew.

Calum

Eben

Esben

Espen

Ewan-see [name_m]Colm[/name_m]. :grin:

Galen-I’m not sure how usable this is really, but it is beautiful.

Hamish

Jude

Keats

Kai

Koa

Leith-difficult to say next to [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m], but totally fits in style wise.

Lachlan

Noel

Niall

Otis

Rafe-too close to [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m]?

Shea

Shaw

Shiloh-see [name_m]Colm[/name_m] & [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]! I think I like your style, since I keep finding my favorite names fitting w/it.

Girls-

Juno-Sure, it’s a little spunky & more exotic compared to [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] & [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m]…maybe not exotic, but mystical, I think is the right word? But it fits in fine. And is a lovely interesting name. I also like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nn [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is jumping up the SSA charts though. I actually know two plus on baby boy [name_u]Junot[/name_u].

Erin-I don’t think that it’s at all common for babies born now a days. It was when I was a kid. It does seem a teeny bit dated because of that, but not a horrible choice at all.

Maple-So cute. It’s nature-y & calming because of that, but still sounds quirky & charming. Simple & unique as well.

Nola-I love [name_f]Nuala[/name_f] & like [name_f]Nora[/name_f]/Nava…but can’t get into [name_f]Nola[/name_f]. No real reason. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Nuala[/name_f]? It’s kind of more interesting in my opinion.

Lyra/Lyla-[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is lovely. Kind of gives me a similar vibe to [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] doesn’t look nearly as pretty as [name_f]Lila[/name_f] in my opinion. [name_f]Lila[/name_f] just seems more classic. ‘La’ ending ‘L’ names are just kind of over done in general though, even though [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] & [name_f]Lila[/name_f] aren’t super popular. Well, [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is anyway.

A few girl ideas…

Annis

Clover

Daisy- :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Eloise

Esme

Eleni

Elora

Gwyneth

Indigo

Laurel

Maeve-maybe getting a bit popular. But so nice w/your ds’ names.

Mabel

Maire

Maude

Malin

May

Niamh

Olive-one of my personal favorites along w/Daisy.

Pearl

Posy-I generally prefer this as a nn for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], but I think just [name_f]Posy[/name_f] does work.

Rose

Ruby-maybe a tad popular. But sweet.

Skye

Sloane

Tess

Vida

Zella

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the time taken to reply with this lovely list :slight_smile: cool idea to have an f middle name :slight_smile:

Your boys have great names.

Here are some boy ideas
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u] [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]/Graham [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u] [name_m]Fredrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Farren[/name_m]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]/Calix
[name_m]Nash[/name_m] [name_m]Franco[/name_m]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Tavish[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] Fraiser
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_m]Omri[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_m]Cohen[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcom[/name_m] “[name_u]Mack[/name_u]” Fraiser
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] “[name_u]Lux[/name_u]”
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u] Fraiser

1 Like

I think [name_f]Juno[/name_f] works wonderfully with your other kids.

1 Like

Hiya,

This is another lovely list thank you. The girls names in particular have many in common with my long list and I’m really appreciating the feedback you and other name berries are giving as well as the new suggestions. It’s awesome!

I feel so excited that this baby will have an epic name…I had been a bit weary that we might have chosen our best ones already and might feel deflated. It’s hard naming multiple kids well!! Hehe.

Good point on the -er ending front. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t want their name to sound like a primal chant. [name_m]Will[/name_m] have to say it lots and see how it feels.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the SSA list? Social security? I should have mentioned I am in the UK and ellis is quite popular here :slight_smile:

Also vida is so cool xx

Awesome thank you x

You folks are all so generous with your time and ideas thank you :slight_smile:

Mack is cool!

Your kids have lovely names! And I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Asher[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

How about:

Matilda
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Gia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

Oskar
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Inigo[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]

1 Like

Yes, SSA is the social security popularity list in the U.S. Well, darn about most of my popularity comments. Although it seems like names get popular there first & then become popular over here 5-10 years later.

2 Likes

I love love love clementine. [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] is so cute!

I’d be interested to know what you and other nameberries think about this with our ln (in op)…i fear it may sound like she’s hunting for citrus fruit, or is clementine used enough as a name that this wouldn’t ever occur to you?

Some absolute beauties on your list, thank you so much, [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] are just ace xx

1 Like